Starting Carping Part 3 ? Rigs

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Dave,

Another nice section to the series.

I was a little surprised though to see the 'pop-up' rig using the curved shrink tube which gives the appearance of the old (and vitually outlawed) bent hook.

does this tube retain its' flexibilty, or does it 'stiffen' and indeed act like a 'bent hook'?

Otherwise (and less seriously) do you have a license to go out in public with those legs man?

;-)

F

Frothey

it does act like the bent hook rig, but it does sraighten so doesn't give the problems (not that i had any) that the bent hook did.

I am currently trialling the legs, readers of hutchies "the carp strikes back" will be aware of the original prototype...... :)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Dave,

"I am currently trialling the legs . . ."

Well, in all honesty - yours are better looking than mine, but then; mine have scored more goals I reckon ;-)

F

Frothey

mine are fairly scored.... its all the cycling.

actually, its not the cycling, its the crashing that does it :(

T

The Monk

Another excellent piece Dave, and some good photographs too, although the writing undrneath them is a little small for my fading eyesight, on the sloping rig (which has an interesting look about it) I thought it said slapper rig?

W

Wolfman Woody

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple and Stupid! And you are, best way, brilliant!

And that first shot is one excellent photo. Fish at the more unusual angle, well balanced and you look comfortable holding her (presumably). The bonus - a little wry smile too.

Keith Moors

Reaction score
Yet again, blinding Dave. Keep it going son. I love the snippets that you manage to slip in to explain exactly why you use items such as tubing etc. Good writing.