Last 2 weekends

P

paul williams 2

Ok...lets get back to fishing chat rather than fishing gripes!

What are you lot doing on you last couple of weekends on the rivers......levels permiting?

I will be barbeling on the Wye or Lugg this weekend and next weekend i'm really torn.....roach on the Bristol Avon, barbs on the Warks Avon or zander on the Severn????

njb51

Reaction score
Hoping to get out on the Thames after barbel maybe. Or pike, not sure yet. Maybe even some roach! There be some bigguns lurkin in these parts yer know!

Y

yoggy

River Nene Chub for me,then on to my local drains for Pike.

Or I might go for the Roach???

So many fish such little time!!

P

paul williams 2

Yeah, i know Yoggy..........gets me like that every year!!

S

Sean Meeghan

Upper Great Ouse this weekend then the Swale for the last weekend.

C

Cakey

naa it aint that ....Ive ripped me big toe nail off and because Im diabetic Im not allowed to do jack shit incase it gets infected

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Paul, I think you might find the Wye an itsy bitsy high mate, it was two metres up and rising on Sunday and we are due a lot of rain in the next few days.

I assume you know the number to ring for Wye river levels?

P

paul williams 2

Graham.....i'm in Hereford for the weekend anyway, so it's a case of a big lump of meat somewhere!.........hopefully i'll find somewhere on the lugg to chuck it if not the Wye.

If not the water levels wil be to high to set the caravan up anyway.....you will have to come have a cuppa with us later in the year?

J

Jeff Spiller

Thats what was thinking of doing, a bit of barbeling somewere, seeing it is so mild.

F

Fred Bonney

The last weekend, I shall be down at Throop with some mates.

From now until then,I shall try to get to the Trent as much as possible,to get that elusive double Barbel, from the mighty river.
Can't get past 9:4!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Fred, Throop might well be "the mighty river" as well. You may not get anywhere near the banks if the rain keeps up!

Hope it's fishable for you, have a good one.

F

Fred Bonney

Should be perfect for us big river fishers by then.
Thanks Neil.