Fraternal Greetings to All

maceo

Reaction score
Hi - looking forward to participating in this forum.

I'm definitely in the 'pleasure angler' camp and enjoy fishing rivers and canals above all. To be honest, I like the peace and tranquility of fishing as much as catching. I'd rather fish in beautiful and peaceful surroundings and catch nothing all day than set up next to some desolate and noisy concrete motorway bridge and catch a net full!

My favourite rivers are the Thames, the Avon and the Great Ouse. I particularly enjoy the vastly changing conditions as the seasons change over the year.

I've been fishing since I was a school boy, some 40 years now. I've had several long gaps during that time, but since being made redundant earlier this year I've finally had the time to have a session about once a week or so.

Despite the many years experience, I'd still consider myself very much an enthusiastic amateur with an awful lot to learn. That's one of my main motivations for joining this forum - to pick up hints and tips for more effective angling.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
best of luck mate there is a real fund of knowledge on here and some great characters

gingerbeard

Reaction score
Hi Maceo and welcome aboard.

I've recently joined this forum and have found it interesting, informative and at times very amusing!