Bait Fridge

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Missus has been doing my head in lately about taking up so much space in our kitchen fridge freezer, so decided to get my own one for the garage, nice little used Hotpoint Ice Diamond in excellent condition for £31.00 on Fleebay..............

Picture115.jpg

To be honest I think I need a bigger one now!

The Pirate.

maceo

Reaction score
Wow!

If you were trying to fit that lot into the regular fridge I can see her point!

My wife already complains that the fish eat better than we do. I think one of these separate little fridges in the shed would be a great idea.

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The peanut butter was initially purchased for baiting my mouse traps to kill the fekkers before they got to my bait or kit but I tried it in a small method feeder with a few drops of clove or hemp oil with a 10mm boilie, corn or pellet hook bait buried in it and it worked a treat, so at less than a quid for a large jar from Iceland, I always have one in my bait fridge.

The Pirate.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Pirate - that is so cool !

If you were a carper you could throw the whole fridge in , if you leave the plug in you could electro fish too

Frank Elson

Reaction score
Are you a match fisherman ?
We have a fridge and freezer in the garage and my total bait takes up just one shelf in each.
...er... and a shelf in a cupboard with tins of sweetcorn and bacon grill.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
My old bait 'fridge in the garage broke down last year, but I hadn't opened it for a couple of months after the event due to an illness that kept me off of fishing.

As I used it to store both Casters, Maggots, boilies, unused ground bait and some nice 'eating' sized Trout too, you can imagine the stench that escaped when the door was finally opened.

It had to be collected and taken to the local tip where I was charged a fair bit for them to dispose of it and its' the rotten contents.

As I am happily single I now tend to use the smaller of my two kitchen 'fridges for bait storage.

little oik

Reaction score
I have a fridge as well .I use it to keep all baits in it as I also have a problem with wildlife The maggots ( I rarely use them ) are kept in fridge inside though

PitsfordPirate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are you a match fisherman ?
We have a fridge and freezer in the garage and my total bait takes up just one shelf in each.
...er... and a shelf in a cupboard with tins of sweetcorn and bacon grill.

Nah am not a coarse matchmen, not yet anyway, although I am a trout matchman, albeit fairly unsuccessful.

The Pirate.