Fishing n Golf Holiday wanted

M

Maggot

Myself my son and my son-in-law want to go on a Fishing and Golf holiday in September, preferably in the south or southwest of England. As my son-in-law has not been fishing before and we all like golf we are looking for a place that has both Fishing and Golf.
Can anyone suggest such a place, it doesn't matter if the fishing is river or still water as long as it is good fishing so that we have a chance of getting my son-in-law hooked.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

You could always try Ireland ....plenty of fishing AND plenty of golf over there ...

PM me and I'll let you have a phone number to contact for fishing/golf holidays over there ....

M

Maggot

I have just received a brochure from www.ashburygolfhotel.co.uk (In Devon)which looks like the ideal place for fishing & Golf holidays; plus other activities all on site (5 Golf courses, swimming, courses,
Fishing (2 Lakes),
Bowling,
Snooker hall,
Indoor sports halls (Bowling etc),
Art n Craft lessons,
Tennis
Squash,
Archery,
Rifle/Pistol Shooting,
Guided Walks (Dartmoor, Dartmoor Railway, River Taw).
Sounds great, can't wait. roll on September

flumpy

Reaction score
fishing and golf see your wife is in for a nice treat lol

M

Maggot

The girls are going on Safari in Kenya; the golf and fishing holiday is for the guys while they are away. Cakey have you been there already??. I like a bit of ducking and diving, keeps you fit. :)

Matty C

Reaction score
a differant course of action is required I think..

you send the girls to devon.. and you n your son in law use the spair money the girls are not spending by going to devon instead of kenya, n you use it to go to florida.. loads of golf in sunny weather, plus you can go to the key n catch 200lb tarpon.. the son in law will deffo be hooked for life if he caught one of them..

Explain it to the girls saying everyones a winner cuz theyre not gunna get bitten by mozzies n stuff, n if the son in law gets hooked on fishing, that means more shopping trips for the girls, cuz he'll wanna get her out of his hair so he can go fishing..

genius plan if you ask me

good luck..
haha

C

Cakey

not to that one Maggot but the mixed ones the lakes are on the golf courses like the lake Im fishing at the mo I have to sit under a brolly

M

Maggot

I hope we don't have the same problem; we had better take brollies just in case of flying golf balls. Bill Oddey said on the telly tonight that they have a lot of rain on Dartmoor even in the summer; so they might come in handy anyway.