WHERE DOES IT END?

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

After years of fishing and buying, and even more buying, I would have thought that I had everything that I needed, to go and fish for anything that I wanted to.

Over the last few days I have been taking stock of what my fishing needs will be for the coming season.

Shock horror! I have now discovered that I need to spend another eighty quid (and then some) on bare esentials that I just can't do without.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Even more frustrating, although I possibly won't be fishing for another couple of weeks. I've got to have these bare essentials today, it just can't wait.

E

EC

Get yer 'and in yer pocket and buy those ace shiny things Bazza.

You know how good you'll feel afterwards when you open that plazzy bag in the kitchen, take out all those goodies, spread them out on the table, and then the tinkering starts for real.

Go on, get down that cash machine now, you know it makes sense!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I want a marker rod for feeling the contours. Thinking of the Fox warrior. A second hand Shimano baitrunner 5010 reel.
Then I need some braid. base mix, hooks, mainline,and hooklength material.

Basicly, I was given some sponduli for my birthday last week, and it's burning a hole in my pocket. If I don't spend it on tackle as was intended, I'll waste it on daft things like toffees and comics.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
I am also afflicted but I never seem to have any more tackle hows that happen.It does give you a nice warm feeling when you look at your goodies though its the price of them that gives me nausea after the warm glows gone.Im undecided whether all the little bits and bobs make a difference at the moment though but this season should tell me if not its back to a stick and a 4 hook and a house brick of meat .

B

Bob Lancaster (ACA)

your lucky baz you been fishing for years and have almost all you want for me and others like me that only started back late last year after a 30 years layoff and have had to rekit from the start mate . god the old womans gone potty all that doe i,m shiffting and then some she keeps saying is that the last bit now i say yes love . then i think of something else. the amount of things i,v had to do for her round the house has left m,e almost no time for fishing cor what a life eh.oh well have a look on ebay and find some more marraige shattering stuff hehe.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Ive been telling the Mrs for 16 years ive nearly got everything, then lone behold i go and make another list of <u>must haves.</u>Its very addictive this fishing lark, but i dont smoke, drink, go to footy anymore so 99.5% of my money can go on tackle, permits, reading materials. If Mr Kevin Nash would get his arse in gear and deliver what i have ordered then i will have spent another ?500 this month.They advertise new items then you cant get hold of them, he does'nt realise that its burning a great hole in me bib an brace pocket.

W

Wolfman Woody

I wish my wish list only came to eighty quid and I'm not counting in bait or bits and bobs. Just the serious stuff, chairs, new alarms, new overtrousers, new carp reels, better unhooking mat, weight sling.

B

Bob Lancaster (ACA)

best of it is i bought a new rod 3 weeks ago and last tue shut the ruddy thing in me boot lid another load a doe out the window

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Woody.
Eighty quid would only sort me out for this week. Possibly, I could get by (only just) on ?500 until sometime later in the season.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I went of the leslies of luton site and added up all the stuff I wanted, ?620 it came to.
I need a part time job to get some money.

L

Les Clark

Well don`t waste it on sweets and comics ,you big nelly .

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
How come you have managed up till now if you can't manage without them? Most anglers have all they need by the time they reach your advanced years Baz so have you been down that pawn shop again?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I know what Baz wants; a pair of delkim txi's, harrisions interceptor 1lb 12oz x2, a very flashy rod pod and a spod rod + reel.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

How am I expected to catch anything decent if I haven't got the right gear. I'm sure it makes a difference you know.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I wouldn't have a rod pod if somebody belted me over the head with one.

At somewhere around ?130 plus each, The Interceptors will have to wait.

I have been useing a Dragon Carp rod which cost ?10 for spodding, and it does the job. I've just been offered a Nash ?200 Carp rod for spodding, which had 6" of the tip broken off. It is now 12' long and about 4lb tc. And it's free.

I was also offered a Nash Outlaw 2.75 12' (SS) super slim Carp rod to use as a marker rod for ?30. I could have two of them for ?50, tempting but I still wouldn't have what I really wanted would I?
Nice rods though, I wish I hadn't seen them. You know what it's like, a few quid in your pocket and youv'e got to spend it.

B

Bob Lancaster (ACA)

its all in ya head baz i went out today with a bamboo cane cotton reel with a nail in it for a handle and a hook made from one of me grannies old coat hangers and a lolly stick float bit of string from the shed and a worm came home with two gudgeon both went 8lb plus. still till i get soem propper gear i suppose i,ll have to put up with catching small fish .hehe

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Bob.
I want people to walk past me and think to themselves; look at the gear he's got he MUST be a good angler.
Feeling good about your tackle has got to play a big part don't you think.