What is a "Walk off" match ?

E

Evan

...but I'd rather humiliate myself by asking here than at the river bank.... :)

E

EC

I think its where whoever draws peg 1 gets the first choice of peg, and/or walks off from the draw first.

Aren't they called roving matches as well?

gareth young

Reaction score
thats right. i recall one of these matches where a guy drew number 4 on a 40 peg walk off match and sat on a non descript river peg and everyone thought he was an idiot at the venue had 4/5 hot chub pegs with tree cover etc. long story short he won the match with 80lbs of bream and later confirmed he had prebaited the peg for a month or so and had caught minimum 50lbs at each visit.

rusty

Reaction score
i think its where u dont catch sod all, get p**sed of and walk off in discust. :))

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
"how did he know he was going to draw that number???"

If the 'match organiser' was a mate, the 'disc' for peg 1 was probably in his hand before it went into the bag.

Larry Teepot

Reaction score
if it was a peg every one thought was rubbish it didnt matter what number he drew,,,,,,no one else was gonna pick it, i think thats the moral of the story

glenn melsome

Reaction score
i have fished a few of these years ago it was when our club went on a coach trip to christchurch to fish the river stour

we drew a number one would be first one to leave the coach 2 would be next then 3 then 4 until the last person you've got to be quick tho as you can be over taken if some one can walk faster and that's a walk of match

rusty

Reaction score
i think u will find in a walk of match.if u have number1, no one can go past u untill u decide to stop at a swim, and if u put ur gear down to fish that swim,then they can pass you by, but any swims you have passed by, people can drop in if they want to fish that swim, so if number 20 is last to go he can not over take number 1 if he is still walking and so on

GARY ALLEN 3

Reaction score
HI GUYS IN SEA-MATCH FISHIN A WALK OF IS WHERE EVERY-1 MEETS AT A CERTAIN PLACE YOU PICK A NUMBER OUT OF BAG AND NUMBER 1 GOES OF 1ST THEN AFTER A MINUTE OR SO NUMBER 2 GOES ETC ETC ETC SO BASICALLY THE LOWER THE NUMBER DRAWN GETS 2 PICK BEST SPOT THIS IS ONLY DONE WHEN THE MATCH IS NOT PEG LIKE E C SAID ITS ALSO KNOWN AS A ROVER TIGHT-LINES ROCK-ROVER