David Will

R

Rodney Wrestt

I saw your letter in this weeks Anglers Mail sticking up for the site and would just like to say well done, I would have thought that perhapse they might have revisited the site and made comment on here as they seem to be sticking to their guns over the impression they have of the site. At least they printed your letter and their readers now have the opportunity to visit here themselves as someone has spoken up for us the readers might come and see for them selves. Once again well done.

T

Tony O'dell

To be honest, i still read the Mail, but i think that paper based magazines are getting hit hard by informative websites, not so much in fishing yet, but in other areas.
Perhaps they feel slightly threatened...and justifiably so, i no longer buy any Playstation Magazines, as i can get better more up to date information on line.
As more sites like fishing magic appear, i think i will head along the same lines for fishing, and no longer buy any magazines

R

Rodney Wrestt

Only thing is Tony you can't read them in the bath.

C

Chris Bishop

I think the websites provide all the bread and butter content the weeklies used to before they went overboard on carp, commercial fisheries and appeasing their big advertisers by letting their sponsored stars write advretising features for their products under the guise of being technical features.

The weeklies will keep going as long as they don't lose the handful of serious advertisers who keep them going.

W

Wendy Perry

well done David i read it as well and i've posted a letter to him as well let's see if he publishes mine .

R

Rodney Wrestt

Tony & Chris,
I think that is the case, they are unwilling to say how good and up to date the site is incase they give away their readers to a resource which is more frequently updated and has a larger input than any printed medium could ever produce (Also the back issues are free). Do you think websites will ever do away with actual printed mags or newspapers, I'm not so sure as teletext has been around for a while now and most still buy newspapers. On the downside for teletext is the lack of spead and graphic capabilities that the web has to offer.

R

Rodney Wrestt

I'm sure they will Wendy, after all you've become a media giant in the last few months what with magazines, on line chat and radio appearencies they would be fools not to. ;o}~

T

Tony O'dell

It also brightens up a boring day at work, its much easier to read a web page on the sly than a magazine :)

P

Paul Williams

I got the impression from the reply to Davids letter that Mr Petch was trying to climb out of a hole!!....unsuccsesfully!! come on Tom, talk to us ;o)