FISHINGmagic members

S

Stewart Bloor

I was mentally working through how many people I have met from FM.

I got to over 20. That wasn't including casual meetings at fish-in's and so on, but one to one situations, if you like.

How many have you met, if any?

But don't you feel that through the medium of FM you get to know people without even meeting them sometimes?

For those who read PP every week, you will know I write in an anecdotal and easy going sort of style.

I write about my family, other aspects of my life and even my dog !!

Consequently, I get a lot of personal e-mails that start off something like 'you don't know who I am, but I feel as if I know you well'

P

Paul Thompson

I have met and fished with the very hairy, but awfully nice Mr.Fred Bonney, and its all thanks to FM...
PS; you can't be all bad to have fished with me more than once Fred :eek:)

F

Fred Bonney

It's the distance we sit apart that helps!I've certainly enjoyed your company Paul,who else would sit next to you and talk fishing on a day when their tackle was left at home??
I'm glad you didn't comment on my size,the hairy bit is ok though.
Sedge is right though,i've had a few personal e-mails and look forward to meeting others, perhaps on a fish-in,just to see if in real life,the personality matches the written word.
Paul,are you mobile yet? i'm off t'Mill tomorrow for my first trip out in 2002

J

John Pleasance

I have met up with Big Rik for a couple of short sessions.We had already met briefly at a club function about ten years ago.

An old aquaintance has made contact via email having got my address from the site and I have contacted a couple of old friends in the same manner.

M

Malcolm Bason

Apart from meeting up with around 24(?) FM members at Clattercote last year, I have met up with 3 regulars on another occasion too! I have also quite regularly fished with one other occasional FM poster.

N

Nick Smith

I have not meet any yet.
as in fact who lives in Norfolk here.

ps, did any one see the report in Anglers mail (jan 5, page 38) as it talks about our web site.
It seem as it not very possitive about us.
As i did not see the original report i cant really comment on it, but what do you think and has any one read the original report.

S

Stewart Moss

I haven't met any fishing-magic members yet!

So, any Oxfordshire members who fancy wetting a line or any members in Oxfordshire on business / holiday / visiting relatives etc...

C

Carp Angler

Quite a few of us travel to Oxford for some fishing on the gravel pits.
We'll let you know next time we're up that way and you can bring us pie 'n' chips :eek:)

D

Dave Johnson

and curry sauce....how was the Test Rik?That delightful little place at Bourton-Chad- in the Cotswolds wasnt too far away either...not the way I went anyway.

T

Tony O'dell

I think Fred Bonney must walk some of the smae banks i do, i remember last season he was catching tench out of an MK water, i think this encouraged other anglers to fish said water in a similar way to Fred. This pleased me as i was fishing the same lake at long range for bream, and was the only one doing so to my knowledge.
Nice catch of Tench though Fred, i remember the picture on the MKAA website.

W

Wendy Perry

i haven't met anyone of here but would like to go on a fish in sometime up this end :)

S

Stewart Moss

Dave, I think you mean Chad Lakes, just over the border in Gloucestershire - its been in the headlines recently round here with a string of big Perch.
I see Andy Little had a go for em too for an AM feature (but failed...)
Though its only about 8 miles from my house I've never fished there! I've been there a couple of times to fish, but found the banks "terraced" with bivvies, which has put me off.

C

Carp Angler

Stewart,
you'll find the bivvies on the syndicate lake, but I don't think there's any nightfishing on the day ticket lake.

Good allround sport, with good sized roach, decent bream and, supposedly, big perch.

Wendy,
the problems with fish-ins around Oldham is
(insert stereotypical Northern gag here) and we'd also
(insert another Northern joke here).
lol :eek:)

A

Alan Fawcett

I've met a few of the posters off here including Malc bason, Alan Roe (Mr Bulldog), Dave johnson & some really wierd scrawny underfed wanna be barbel angler from the sarf called Rik (you don't scare me Rik!!! well not while i'm up here in the norf n you're down sarf mate)

C

Chris Bishop

I knew some of the pikers from other sites - I've fished with Andy Doughtly, Pete Waller, shared a boat with Rodger Walker earlier in season, have bumped into Gerry Castles once or twice and had a damp but enjoyable shot at the zander with Ron Clay.

G

Gary Knowles

Rik,

...........it's hard and us southerners like our fishing easy....

.....be chased off by the whippets.....