2 weeks time and iam trying to get
some info about the fishing I have been told there is a chap who does
organised days has anybody been or
heard about this any info would be
very helpful
thanks

T

Tony O'dell

Have fished in Crete, and a couple of the other Greek Islands. Have also had friends who have fished while on clubbing holidays in Ibiza. All my fishing was done of the side of the harbours, using a Chubber float, 4lb line and size 12 hook. I bought a cheap loaf in the morning, and mashed it up to use as feed. It brought fish in from miles!!!. It is like looking into an aquarium. Bait was small cubes of luncheon meat which got ripped to shreds in seconds. Missed hundreds of bites!!!. They would also take sweetcorn, but it wasnt quite as good, but stayed on the hook longer. Locals use a fishmeal paste ( just like trout pellet paste!!! ). Caught loads of different multi coloured fish, saddled bream, fish that look like bright red perch. There were some other really big fish swimming around, looked to be around 6lb plus, but not sure what they were.
Good luck!!!

S

Stewart Bloor

Steve, don't forget to watch the Germans. They'll have a towel on your bed chair in no time at all if you leave it unattended....

S

steve southwick

thanks tony i will have to keep searching
the web or maybe try sea fishing

L

Len Schofield

Go to the local fish market and get some fresh squid, (good advice from the locals) or fresh prawns (2nd choice),cut it up into 14/12 hook size bits and cast out,(ledger or float} from any rocky shore, lie back and think of England, enjoy your holiday but don't expect any rest, the fishing is very addictive.
PS. I will be in Gran Canaria in Feb.doing the same.

S

Steve Muir

Steve

Carp fishing in Tenerife is about twelve pounds a day.
Big game fishing about eighty pounds on a decent boat (Dotsy 2)
this includes lunch and plenty of beer although you will need at
least four anglers.Put your name down with the agents at the marina
and they will phone your hotel when a boat is going out.

Avoid the boats advertising as general sea fishing.

Good Luck regards Steve