Bib and Brace

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I've just taken delivery of a Sundridge Barcken Bib and Brace and matching jacket from J & K Tackle on the recommendation of Andy Nellist.

It looks a fine bit of Kit at 69.99.

Never having had any purpose made fishing clothing of this sort, what do you normally wear underneath?Obviously it would depend on the weather on the day but let's say it is an average winter's day.

Thanks all

F

Fred Bonney

Trousers and thermals under the bib&brace and layers under the coat.
If the b&b has no zip fly, make sure your under trousers have!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Cheers Fred. Aren't you supposed to be at Throop or are you waiting until it comes to you?

Y

yoggy

Nigel,I also bought my sundridge Bracken suit from J&K .Good service.Normally I wear the sundridge thermal bottoms underneath.They have a zip fly. As Fred said,I also wear a layering system underneath the jacket which consists of a North Face base layer,followed by a North face mid-fleece [tka100] and finally a North face tka200.Warm as toast,without the bulk.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Cheers Yoggy.

Would certainly vouch for the service.Ordered tuesady afternoon.Arrived at my office this luchtime.Quality operation throughout.If the suit is half as good.I'll be pleased.It certainly looks it.

Is tka a standard of warmth/thickness?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

"What do you wear underneath?"

Mind your own business!

:eek:)

S

Steve King

Don't forget Andy's suit is extra reinforced with a thick layer of crusty dried groundbait amd slime!

This must surely affect it's thermal properties!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Nigel, I wear a pair of Nash leggings (tightish, wicking, thermal style) or some Burton Snowboards base layer leggings under my Sundridge Suit.

The name escapes me, but the Sundridge base layer suit would be about the best thing you could use in the cold.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

It may be high Fred, but good luck.I'll probably see you as I will be fishing seemingly the only fishable stretch of the Avon and Stour tomorrow.There were 48 there today apparently.Roll Up Roll up!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I would suggest a Sundridge sleepsuit as the base with a pair of joggers, a sweatshirt and maybe a fleece depending on how cold it is. I assume you can get a fleece under the coat Nigel! The sleepsuit is a great bit of kit that Andy also recommended to me, best cold weather base I have ever had and I feel the cold, I have the seperate top and bottom.

L

Les Clark

In Baz`s case ,it`s pink knickers and stockings ( so i`ve been told ) :):)