browning feeder monoline

nicky

Reaction score
I have been using maxima exclusively for the last 2-3 years, before that bayer perlon amongst others.

i have just bought some browning feeder monoline designed for feeder fishing, it has a low stretch, and at 6lb breaking strain has the same diameter as 3lb maxima 0.16mm

I was planning on using it for float fishing, possibly straight through for tench.

Has anyone tried this line before, if so how did you find it, obviously i dont think it would be as robust as unstretched mono like maxima, but i was thinking with a 6lb breaking strain it may be good for tench that are close to weeds.

What do you guys think

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Will need to grease the line up. Due it being a feeder line it will proberbly sink quite quickly otherwise.

nicky

Reaction score
Hi Bryan I thought sinking line was ok for waggler fishing as you want the line to sink, do you mean if used for stick float fishing where you want it to float.

I still have my reservations regarding this line but i suppose the proof is in the eating will be tryig it out this weekend.

P

paul williams 2

It's prestretched and it's going to have very little cushion....i would never use it as a mainline near weed.

nicky

Reaction score
you are probably right paul, i have no experience of using pre-stretched line on the reel only as a hooklength material,