Hello...

dnahacker

Reaction score
I am Martin, i will be 40 in a few days :( i live in Portsmouth where i work at in a university research institute as a molecular biologist.

i started fishing when i was 2 !!! my Dad is an angler who insisted i started fishing \9i think so he could go) i stared my angling career as many do on local ponds and stillwaters to my home town in Yorkshire, i was entering and winning matches by the time i was 6...

When i moved darn sarf to the coast i took up beach casting which i did for quite a while sometimes good, sometimes i might as well of drove to the seafront and chucked 20 quid in the sea and gone home...

Whilst struggling down to the beach to set up for an evening session with 2x 15 ft beach casters, beta box, beach buddy, tripod, buckets of bait etc i bumped into a chap fly fishing for mackerel...
rod , waders, fly vest... light and mobile... i liked it, From SWFF there was a natural progression into game fishing , which is where i am at today... i am lucky enough to have a rod with a club on the river Itchen, beautiful water in stunning surroundings...

only last week i took a friend who is a coarse angler to my club waters as my guest, pike in the morning then trotting in the afternoon... i had a blst... i am currently getting together some coarse gear to have a play through the winter..

thanks for reading

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
i live in Portsmouth where i work at in a university research institute as a molecular biologist.

We won't hold living in Portsmouth against you then . . . . . . .

Are you a real scientist then, with a 'ology?' qualification?

Welcome to FM - you'll find all sorts of nuts on here . . . . . . .

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Hello! Can you really do DNA tests? Coz there's a few on here I'm not sure are the same species as us! :)

dnahacker

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome... i could indeed check out the Roach hybrids for you i already have worked on Roach as it happens