Askari ....

R

Rob Brownfield

I looked at there site...wonderful!! Super Shad Raps at ?7.95, Rapalas I have never seen available in the UK, loads of soft baits (10 shads foe ?1.95, cheap Abu multipliers, loads of different rods, reels etc etc...and all available in the UK..and shipped from the UK...no hassle with imports.

My question is...has anyone used them??

https://www.angelsport.de/en/index.html

G

Gerry Castles

There's a thread on www.lurefishinguk.co.uk
Askari are the worst of the worst. Coupled with their carrier, the extremely unreliable White Arrow and you have all the ingredients of a painful experience. Never again. But check out the thread at the above address

R

Rob Brownfield

Cheers Gerry...i knew it was too good to be true :(

G

Gerry Castles

Sorry I forgot to mention, the goods are shipped from Germany. Can you imagine the phone bill when things go wrong.

R

Rob Brownfield

Now that is something you are not told on the website!!

The problems with White Arrow are i guess not Askaris fault, but one thing that gets on my goat is when a company debits your card, and then informs u the item is out of stock (Harris...2 months now!!)...winds me up summit rotten!!

C

Chris Bishop

Or has a sale (no names mentioned....) when everything's already nearly out of stock.......

R

Richard Bytheway

i have used them twice and allthough their delivery is a bit dodgy and the waders i ordered aint in stock , the stuff i have got off them and is of good quality .
i got one of those seconds brollys with the sides for a tenner , cant go wrong for that . also got some cheap groundbait off emm . does the trick and quite a bit cheaper than in the shops.
hope this helps

R

Ralph Abbott

I have ordered from Askari twice once 3 weeks before xmas stuff arrived the next week then ordered a carp chair as present for some one 2 weeks before xmas and that arrived 2 day before xmas. Not bad from Germany?????

Also bought some cheap rubber lures which look the business although I have not got out with them yet.

The gear seems better than Badger etc and the reels and rods are cheap!!! and top names.

I intend to start fly fishing this year and I do not think I will be able to beat them for entry level or mid range choice and prices.

Only down side is you cannot tell if stuff is out of stock, so if like me you bump up the order value with some lures or small stuff then you can be disappointed, the P & P can eat up any saving!

I will certainly use them again.

Only WMAC come close on price and service.

With regard to some of the bad experiances posted some times its worth a gamble if the price is right???

R

Ralph Abbott

Forgot to mention that they only bill your card with the gear that they deliver!!

Not like some others!!