Micro pellet Feeders do they work

paul80

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just wondering

All these new method feeders that use micro pellets etc and a rubber or plastic mould to mould the pellets to the feeder.

Do they work as advertised or does the feed get ripped of as soon as the feeder hits the water.

I used one of the Drennan versions for the first time yesterday and had a really successful days fishing ending up catching over 20 carp when most of the other anglers where only catching 2 or 3.

I was using Sonubaites 2mm micro pellets which moulded easily to the feeder, but I couldn’t understand how they would survive the cast as they are not a solid sticky lump like most method mixes are which are designed for standard method feeders.

Anyone know if the feed really does survive the cast or is it really just ripped off as soon as the feeder hits the water. or am I doing something wrong!!!

Thanks for any help with this

Drennan Feeders I used

Drennan International

Paul

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Do they work as advertised ?....... I used one of the Drennan versions for the first time yesterday and had a really successful days fishing ending up catching over 20 carp when most of the other anglers were only catching 2 or 3.
Answer to your own question maybe.

I think the answer lies in the compression of the feed in the mould. They obviously worked for you anyway.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
20 carp sounds like 100+lb. Why worry about it ?
I think if your micros are dampened properly some must stay in.
On deeper venues I mix in some method groundbait which makes the mix a bit stickier.

paul80

Reaction score
Thanks guys

I think I have found out what I did wrong :cool:

Looks like I should have added some of their sticky powder to make the pellets stickier. No mention of this on the instructions on the bag of Pellets though.

Paul