Last Weekend

J

Jeff Spiller

Went out Barbel fishing on Saturday on the Avon, no luck, but did catch two small chub.
The best thing was the company, all F.M member and we had a bloody good day.
What a good site F.M is,for meeting other like minded people.

Any one else do any good ?

Matty C

Reaction score
went tench fishing of all things for the last weekend of the season.. had one of about 2 n half pounds, was a nice but difficult days fishing..

booked a holiday off work for weds, so thatll be a last ditch attempt at something memorable.. big chub or even a very first barbel if Im lucky

P

paul williams 2

Twas a good day Jeff.......we will have to exchange more stories! ;)

J

Jeff Spiller

Hold on Paul someone is bending my ear, it's the present Mrs spiller, something about getting a house that doesn't need anything doing too it.
What our they like !

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Went Barbelling werent perfect conditions plus new stretch exscuses over caught NOWT not even a bleedin knock but a nice bit of river to end the season.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
21 hours fishing this weekend..........one small chub!!!

I feel washed out and knackered.

As Jeff (Lucky???) said, the company was brilliant, even if the river wasn't!

Ah well, there's always next season.........

E

Eric Hayes

4 Barbel yesterday to 7lb but the high light came today with 6 Barbel best 10lb 6oz. A great end to my season Roll on 16th June.

J

Jeff Spiller

Eric can we all come with you next time.

Only joking it's nice to here someone is doing well, long may it continue.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I took a friend out who hasn't fished much before. He had lots of gudgeon, roach, little bream and a perch. And to top of it off at the end he landed a 4lbs 6oz carp. Although I felt like going to the river as it would have been my last chance it feels good that I've helped get someone hooked.

C

Cakey

nothing................still waiting for toe to get better,not long now though so look out carp................

M

mark norris 2

fished the Stort on Sat.,basically for roach,but only had two bites all day. Chub six and half and six and three quarters.I didn`t know the river had chub this size

J

Jeff Spiller

That is two mighty fine Chub Mark, I would have been happy with just one.

C

Cakey

where abouts on the Stort was you Mark ?

Ive seen some big ones near where the Stort joins the Lee

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Today was a day to remember!

On the river bank at dawn after some roach I'd found midweek. Only had two, but at 1lb 14oz and then my biggest ever at 2lb 13oz by 09:30 was definately a shock to my system. It's a long time since I've caught roach of that quality.

But, I was torn because I had a date at Twickenham. Did I pack up and go? Well yes I did. Just got back. Somewhat tired and probably a bit under the influence, no voice left, but what a morning, afternoon and evening.

I might just get back on the river before Wednesday.