How to Tie on a Pop Up Boile

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
How to Tie on a Pop Up Boilie

How do you tie a Pop Up Boilie to a Rig Ring with Dental Floss ?

If you can i would like a Step by Step presentation that shows me how it works.

Thanks in Advance
Steph. :D

Last edited:

paul80

Reaction score
Hi

I find just a simple slip knot works a charm when tying a boile to a rig ring.

I just use a simple nylon loop instead of a rig ring, created by tucking the hair tag back on its self during the wipping of a knotless knot. (As shown by Matt hayes in his Carp fishing DVD) if anyone has seen it.

The slip knot works a charm.

Paul

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Yeah Peter, that looks simple enough i could use that very knot for tying on Bait Bands to smaller hooks as well.

I knew it had to be simpler than how i was trying to imagine it would be.

mol

Reaction score
I attach a length of floss to a ring, then tie a 3 turn grinner knot in the floss and this creates a sliding loop into which I place the boilie. It's important to have the floss running centrally over the boilie and tighten it down so the boilie kinda dents where the floss is but don't break the boilie.

jayjay27

Reaction score
an easyer way of doing it is with a rigmarole bore rings they are extreamly afective and is the presentation is exactly the same but with no string attatched

mol

Reaction score
I don't like piercing pop-ups, it allow they to take up water quicker and stop being pop-ups.

Beaker

Reaction score
Put the bait floss through the rig ring and make an overhand loop. Take the pop up and place in the loop and tighten. Then a couple of granny knots pulled tight, trim the floss flush and jobs a good un.