Which Knot do you use

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Which Knot do you use to attach your hooklength to your Swivel ?

Do you use a different knot for Coated Braids than for Mono or Braided hooklenghts ?

Thanks in Advance
Steph. :D

sam vimes

Reaction score
I have a nasty tendency to stick to what I know and find easy to tie. To that end it's usually the tucked blood knot unless a certain material comes with dire warnings not to use it. However, if I'm using a quick change swivel in conjuction with some type of sleeve, I'll often use a small figure eight loop.

barbelboi

Reaction score
If you could only use one knot for mono, braid and flouro I'd use the Palomar every time, however I do tend to favour the grinner for mono and, as a backup, the Uni Knot speaks for itself.
Jerry

sagalout

Reaction score
I tie a figure of 8 loop in the end of the hook link and then pass the loop through the eye of the swivel and the hook through the loop. Simples!

Philip

Reaction score
Palomar for every type of line.

Its easy to tie and is perhaps the most consistantly strong knot about.

If your in doubt use that.

Last edited:

terry m

Reaction score
I am from the tucked blood knot school, have been for more years than I care to mention!!

Recently have used a grinner, not so much out of necessity, more just to try something different.

paul80

Reaction score
Hi

I use either the tucked half Blood Knot or the Uni-Knot (Grinner).

Which one I use depends on line thickness as I find the uni-knot a little difficult to tie when using very thin lines, but 8lb and above its the uni-knot for me. although the very simple palomar knot would be very good for swivels etc.

Paul

akacrush

Reaction score
They say you learn something new everyday....

I've been using the tucked blood knot for everything except spade ends since I was a lad and had never heard or seen a Palomar! Looks simple, must try it out.

paul80

Reaction score
For simplicity you could even get away with a simple double loop knot, the same knot you use to tie the loop on your main line when using hooks to nylon. Tie the double loop knot, pase the loop through on of the swivels eyes, pull the loop through and then pass the whole swivel through the loop and pull it tight, ensuring the loop tightens on the end of the swivel that you passed the loop through. That make a quick simple and stong connection for a swivel.

Paul

Last edited: