Bait Utopia?

cg74

Reaction score
I've never hidden my disdain at the way the bait industry look upon all anglers as mindless morons, what with their endless spiel and price fixing. BUT this I'm afraid just takes the p*ss.

To quote Roy Marlow: "everyone of these, I can guarantee you're going to get a bite or a fish-on, absolutely unbelievable!"

Well he is right; "it is absolutely unbelievable!"

I'll give it a fair go though but should fail to reach the expectation set by the guys in this advertorial: http://www.fishingmagic.com/online-fishing-tv-coarse/15405-coarse-and-match-channel.html

A possible case for trading standards or the advertising standards authority, perhaps? Well this is assuming I can find the stuff, a trip to Fishers Green or Throop is in order?

sam vimes

Reaction score
All I can say about the JPZS pellets is that my local got a tray of them in (priced at £6.99 each IIRC) and they are flying out of the place.

BTW, how do you see amino acids racing out?:confused:

cg74

Reaction score
All I can say about the JPZS pellets is that my local got a tray of them in (priced at £6.99 each IIRC) and they are flying out of the place.

BTW, how do you see amino acids racing out?:confused:

I also wondered that, I guess that's where us stupid anglers get stumped by the science thing. Reminded me of watching Matt Hayes chopping worms, he could "see the amino acids leaching out" All I could see was sh*t, blood and worm sections.:eek:mg:

chav professor

Reaction score
Amino acids are simple building blocks of proteins.........Mmmmmm.

I dunno.... but Sh*t, blood and worm sections are a great fish attractant!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
By a strange coincidence, I bought some JPZS pellets today. I was sat at the side of my Koi pond having a cup of coffee with the wife, and the pellets were on the patio table, when, unbelievably, a fish jumped out of the pond, onto the table, and grabbed the bag of pellets and then dived back into the pond, where all the fish commenced to have a feast. If I had'nt seen it with my own eyes I would'nt have believed it !!!!

The above may not be true...............BUT.....for a years free supply i'm prepared to say anything.....principles sminciples out of the window, where do I sign.

Frank Elson

Reaction score
When people get the sales/marketing bit between their teeth they will say or write any rubbish, almost without thinking what they are saying until afterwards.
When I was a working finance and economics journalist we had a book in one office containing our collection of the worst words or phrases from press releases. Sales/marketing were actually worse than politicians - I kid you not!

I love the way they drag "in" words into things as well. One fishing rod was described as having more or less "torque" than other rods...
Look up torque in the dictionary, how on earth did anyone manage to drag that word into the description of a fishing rod ?

little oik

Reaction score
A few years ago we used to run a bingo card .Let me explain, when due to go to a meeting which we knew was the same old same old .We came up with a plan to run a bingo card between 3 of us during the meeting .No numbers on the card but sayings like" Blue sky thinking" ,"thinking out the box" and all that .The winner would have a free round of drinks supplied by the losers after the meeting.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Agreed Frank, it's expected of advertising/sales/marketing, but...

"....I can guarantee you're going to get a bite or a fish-on...." is bordering on eeeerrr, can't think of the word :):):)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
it allways tickles me when you hear ''halibut'' and ''low oil'' in the same sentence! aren't halibut pellets supposed to be oily?

mark

cg74

Reaction score
presumably you lot ^ have tried and tested these baits?

As stated in my opening post, I am currently trying to locate a pot of the bait but its got one heck of a challenge there, to quote Roy Marlow: "I can guarantee you're going to get a bite or a fish-on"

That sort of precedence should not be made lightly.

Frank Elson

Reaction score
A few years ago we used to run a bingo card .Let me explain, when due to go to a meeting which we knew was the same old same old .We came up with a plan to run a bingo card between 3 of us during the meeting .No numbers on the card but sayings like" Blue sky thinking" ,"thinking out the box" and all that .The winner would have a free round of drinks supplied by the losers after the meeting.

Ha, "Bullshit Bingo" Loved it.
I had a bunch of the printed cards somewhere when I retired but I can't find them now. A Google search under Bullshit Bingo will probably find you one.