Piking

chav professor

Reaction score
Swale! My mate had a double figure plus pike on luncheon meat - typical Northerner - a taste for unhealthy inappropriate junk food!!!:D

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Any boby give me anyhelp with piking in north yorks, venues etc.

To be honest mate, I'd be very surprised if anyone responded to your post with ''specific'' locations. It's not because they're being mean, far from it. It's more to do with not increasing pressure on certain area's. In a more general sense, I'd take a look at the Ouse, Ure, Wharf and Nidd.

If you'd like a ''little'' more info, PM me. Forums are dodgy places to be specific.

sam vimes

Reaction score
If you are talking stillwaters, as I seem to recall you saying that you couldn't fish the rivers any longer, you are all but out of luck.

Locally, you'd be looking at Langton Ponds, Langthorne Pond, Ellerton and, a little further afield, Semerwater. We aren't well blessed with pike waters in this neck of the woods.

mickcobb

Reaction score
Sam,as Derek quite rightly say's a PM is more appropiate in this naming of venues..rather than all and sundry decending on publicly named waters..just my humble opinion:)

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Sam,as Derek quite rightly say's a PM is more appropiate in this naming of venues..rather than all and sundry decending on publicly named waters..just my humble opinion:)

Mick,
while I don't wish to appear rude, the venues named are all day ticket waters. All are well known in the area yet three of them still don't get fished much at all, that may tell its own story. The other is so well known it matters not one jot whether it's named on a forum. It's a bit like trying to deny the existence of peg 1a at Collingham. So, I'll thank you for the advice, while choosing to completely ignore you.