John Ledger

I

Ian Cloke

I've been to Rotherham District Hospital to visit John today, as he's staying in for 2 or 3 days. he's having a stent (sp) fitted tomorrow (Thursday), it's a drain to help remove the jaundice, he says he feels like a Burmese P.O.W. because of his colour, you can see the old bugga still has a sense of humour;-) When the stent starts to drain John, his appetite should get better straight away, so he's looking forward to getting a meal inside him:)

John's hoping to be able to get out fishing again next week, just as long as everything goes well for him, so YOU could phone the hospital on 01709 820000 , then ask to be transfered to ward B4, and leave a message of best wishes for John:) The nurses will pass on any messages, as the smooth talker has them eating out of his hand (not that I'd expect anything else!)

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Well done Ian. Im glad his sense of humour has made something of a comeback. Hes been a bit down just lately perhaps because of his jaundice so i hope this treatment gives him a lift. All being well i will try to get out with him for an hour or two next week. Short sessions is the order of the day as he tires easily so if we go it will be local. Thanks again Ian and hope to see you soon.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Out fishing next week? That would be just brilliant.

L

Les Clark

This is very good news ,get the grumpy old sod back out fishing.
Best wishes John .

Michael Howson

Reaction score
We were out yesterday(tuesday) on the swale. John his son Steven and myself.After a bit of shuffling about we got him fixed up on a nice glide from witch he extracted two nice chub and missed a couple of pulls. I managed a pair myself and steven was unlucky with a nice fish lost at the net. We had about four hours or so before tiredness kicked in and we called it a day.Im sure he enjoyed it but was pleased to be home.

captain carrott

Reaction score
better take him a nice plate of liver and onions and a few pints of guiness for when his apetite comes back. with the added advantage of giving him plenty of iron.

I

Ian Cloke

Just had a call from John, apparently they can't fit the stent today, his blood count isn't right:( So he is going to go home, till Sunday, when he has to go back into hospital, for them to hopefully fit the stent on Monday.

I will pass on all the good wishes to John later, when he has got home and settled;-)

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
'He says he feels like a Burmese P.O.W' - Must be getting his appetite back then, not much meat on one of them though, you'd need at least a couple to make a good meal....!

Offers John his best wishes as he grabs coat and runs for the door.....

C

Clive Evans 1

Ian, please add my best wishes to all those expressed here.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
My best wishes too.I trust he his bearing up to the pain and discomfort with his usual fortitude.
Two Chub eh? Better than me and my Doctor reckons I'm OK-for a fat sod with arthritis and host of other annoyances!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

There has been too much of this get well soon John for my liking.

If he has been out fishing, I want to know if he is landing them himself. If not, he should have his rods taken from him and be banned until he can.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

That Hitler moustache really suits you BAZ you wicked bugger but we all know you're only joking.

Ian, please pass on my best wishes to John when next see him.

I

Ian Cloke

John is home, unfortunately he couldn't have the stent fitted yesterday:(

I've just spoken to Steven (John's son) and passed on all the well wishing messages, let's hope they can give John a boost:)

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Spoke to Steven about an hour ago and although John is not too good he is managing to have a quick look at the forum occasionally. Along with Ian I sent him all our best wishes.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
I visited John in hospital on sunday and at home last night (tues) and on both occasions steven was on hand doing his best and helping his dad in every way he can. He is proving to be a giant to John and I only stayed half an hour or so to give the family as much privacy as possible because John is really very ill.I passed on everyones messages of goodwill and im sure he appreciates the esteem in which he is held by almost everyone on fm. I will try and see him again before the weekend and update the forum as will Ian. Thankyou all Mick. I