The River Ure

S

Shrek

Did anyone manage to catch the 10 minute programme on BBC2 yesterday evening?

I thought it was very, very well made with superb photography, both above and below the water.

Big shoals of chub and barbel freely moving around.

Fantastic.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Yes I saw it and I was very interested too because I have booked a weeks holiday up that way for the end of August, near Hawes as a matter of fact. A lovely part of the country and though I have driven through it I have only ever stayed b&b for one night at Middleham and that was about 25 years ago. From an anglers point of view the programme was mouth watering, stunning scenery and a river full of fish what else does an angler need.

I have almost no experience of the Yorkshire rivers such as the Ure, Wharfe, Ribble etc. and I shall be asking for info at a later date about where to fish although John Conway has already provided me with some about the Ribble.

J

john conway

I?ve just got my 2007 book for Bradford City AA and they have several stretches on the Ure below Hawes. I shall be up there in the next couple of weeks with my fly rod. I live in Ingleton just over the hill (very big hill) and its only about 20mins drive. Pity I missed the TV programme.

S

Shrek

This is what was in the programme listing on the BBC site:

A Wild Yorkshire River
Wed 14 Mar, 7:50 pm - 8:00 pm 10mins

A personal portrait of one of the purest and most beautiful rivers in Britain, Wensleydale's river Ure in North Yorkshire.

Might be worth an email to the Beeb to ask the question.