Warmwell

B

Badger 184

Along with my wife and son we are going on a holiday to Warmwell(Parkdean) in Dorset. Does anyone have any knowledge of this place and what the fishing is like? The rules state no trebles allowed but on the website gives instruction on how to deadbait using trebles, e-mailed them to get this clarified but not had a reply at this moment in time.Cheers

M

MarkTheSpark

I fished the lakes when that site was just a touring caravan site, 30 years ago, so my info won't be much use.

What I can tell you if that just a few miles down the road, at Ringstead, Lulworth, Kimmeridge and Weymouth, is some of the best shore bass fishing in the UK.

Just take your lure rod and a selection of plugs and have the time of your life.

Peter Rothman

Reaction score
How do you catch the bass on lures. Tried a few times last summer with no luck fishing off the rocks at Osmington.

M

MarkTheSpark

The magic formula doesn't exist, because the bass don't always turn up.

Best chance comes on those shallow Dorset beaches when a rising spring tide coincides with dawn. Start when it's still quite dark - 3.45am in June!. Best plugs are shallow-diving jointed minnow types, though lots of others can work.

Stealth is a big part of the bass plugging game. You're casting 20 yards or so, and the bass will see you if you don't sneak about a bit. If you get lucky, you actually see them swirling on the surface.

It's never a fish a chuck; but getting just one makes it worthwhile.