Wheatgluten

sagalout

Reaction score
In the "Paste v Pellet waggler" video on the online tv channel, the paste was made using the addition of some wheat gluten. Does anybody use this and if so where do you buy it?

Thanks in advance.

The Monk

Reaction score
Thats an old one, we use to use it in the 70s for carp along with PYM and Bemax from memory, it was one of Fred Wiltons (Towards the Ulitimate Bait) concepts back in the day when everyone was into HNV baits

dezza

Reaction score
I also seem to remember using a special paste made from maize.

We had a breakfast cereal in South Africa called "Pro-Nutro". It was composed of maize, wheatgerm, Soya and other foods. It made a rather good paste which carp liked.

watatoad

Reaction score
Thats an old one, we use to use it in the 70s for carp along with PYM and Bemax from memory, it was one of Fred Wiltons (Towards the Ulitimate Bait) concepts back in the day when everyone was into HNV baits

Been quite a long while since I have heard of Bemax being mentioned, nice one.

I switched to Jordans Natural Wheatgerm when Bemax ceased being available.

terry m

Reaction score
Yes, and PYM, that takes me back. Phillips Yeast Mixture, one of the first commercially available carp mix baits. And it worked.

Those were the days when everyone was preoccupied with the protein content or percentage of their bait.

The Monk

Reaction score
It all dates back to Fred Wiltons experiments with he published in the BCSG mag The Carp, circa 1972, Fred had had a lot of success with Gerry Savage in the Kent waters using what they called at the time HNV baits, quite a revolution at the time and before they`d coined the word boilies, Fred had been experimenting with this stuff from the late 60`s

here

http://www.fishforcarp.com/html/hnv.htm

Last edited:

Spinksy13

Reaction score
In the "Paste v Pellet waggler" video on the online tv channel, the paste was made using the addition of some wheat gluten. Does anybody use this and if so where do you buy it?

Thanks in advance.
You can buy it from Holland and Barrett. Not expensive

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Kind of you to answer this thread but it is 11 years old.😀

john step

Reaction score
Speaking of whom....what happened to Sagalout? Anyone know?