Trip to Lozere, France

M

MarkTheSpark

Gentlemen. Not so much a fish-in, as an invitation of sorts. I've been offered a press trip to Lozere, France, in June, and I need an angler to accompany me for the four days' duration.
All accommodation is paid, as are road tolls and ferry. All I need is a contribution towards the petrol for the return run - around ?120 is my estimate.
The angler in question needs to have good river trout fishing experience and tackle to match, plus coarse river fishing experience/tackle as some big barbel could be on the cards.
The trip will be one day to get there, overnight, fish next day, overnight, fish next day, overnight, return run. All fishing will be guided.
If you have the urge, qualifications and can get to Peterborough (or are en route Peterborough-Dover) PM me.

Reaction score
Extremely jealous. Had a wonderful holiday in Entraygue(Aveyron) which borders on the Lozere department. It is wonderful area with few people. I can recommend the quality of the barbel fishing in the Lot and tributaries. I also caught a couple of big roach.One of the best swims was inconveniently of a high wall, in front of a decent bar. One does so have to suffer for decent fish. Although fishing further downstream with nothing but red kites for company actually beat it!

This year it's the Gers department in Gascony. I have found a river which seems to have good stocks of barbel and chub....and is very close ot my favourite French red wine region.

How does one get offered these press trips????

M

MarkTheSpark

The easiest way to get offered press trips is to be a journalist for 28 years!

Seriously, though, I am at least trying to share my good fortune with you worthy lot. Come on - there must be one taker out there?

Reaction score
28 years and one freebie! My old man was a printer in Fleet St. for many years and he frequently came back with freebies - mind you one of his donors apparently was a nice Mr. Kray! Those printers used to say some funny things about journalists. (I,of course, was far too young to understand any of those words).

p.s. Would you consider a completely incompetent river trout angler? I'll be honest the last time I deliberately fished for river trout was feeder fishing the far bank of the Croal (in Bolton) catching escapees from the reservoirs up river. And that was after a night on the lash in the Lever bridge pub. Is that what you mean by "good river trout experience". Those french can be a bit funny on their "Premier Categorie" rivers.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Whats up with feeder fishing the mighty croal Posh ?I might add my name to the list if this makes a game fishermen off me.

B

Bully

I'll post my angling CV.

..........unfortunately it does not tick any of your boxes though :eek:(

M

MarkTheSpark

No dates set, as yet Bryan. Actually, it's pretty flexible. I'm in a kind of 'audition' situation here, so if you'd just PM me with your phone number, I will call when I can tell you more.

Cheers

M

MarkTheSpark

Grateful thanks the the volunteers but I have now found a partner for this trip. I'll tell you lot all about it when I get back

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

You've kissed and made up with Prof Tench then?