black park

ian_l

Reaction score
I've heard that the lake in black park near slough has got some decent sized pike. Has anyone ever fished it, or know anything about it?

Ian.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Although very local I've have not fished the lake since the early 70's. Yes, there are pike, plus the other usual suspects, in the lake but if you haven't been there before I'd check it out. The water is usually gin clear, it's a favourite venue for dog walkers and many of the dogs end up in the water, plus a radio controlled model boat club meet there. It's also a nature reserve.
Jerry

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One of a handful of local lakes and pits, together with the Colne and Thames, I began my fishing on. Never caught much from Black Park [chaos in summer, when the world and its dog swam, sailed and launched radio-controlled model boats, turned up to chase the girls who'd turned up to be chased etc etc], but grew to love the scantily clad lovelies appearing on its banks from time to time when Hammer Films or some other outfit filming at Pinewood took the place over.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I've never fished BP despite it being local to me but I have seen proper,serious pikers fishing it. They were friendly enough but not terribly forthcoming & I got the impression that they were onto something that they didn't really want to share. That was a while back now...not heard anything recently but as Jerry says it is very,very popular with walkers,dogs etc and whenever I've been there incredibly clear.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
More a life-changing moment: "Sod the fish, I can catch them any time...".

ian_l

Reaction score
Cheers for all the responses guys. Might have to give it a go at some point.

Ian.