angling times

B

Brendan Ince

because it was mothers day i went round to my mums with a bottle of wine for the old dear my step dad came out with his old story of when he and his dad caught a 35 lb pike it is quite a long story thet he can only retell but it is a funny one and thet just wot i thourt it was untill today where after 25 years of knowing him he finally showed me an old photo where 3 people all side by side where holding this pike he says thet he got a rod and reel of either the angling times or the news of the world but all he has left now is this old b&w photo i was wondering if there is a place i could do abit of research and try to get hold of a copy of the above it was in 1971 cheers guys
brendan

B

Badger 184

Try to access the archives of both publications, or contact A/T direct via their website/forum

T

The Monk

I still have number 1, the very first edition, its a reprint which AT gave away some years ago, well worth having thought, it has the original Kingfisher on the front and a picture of Bernard Venebles

Kevin Clifford 3

Reaction score
Brendan
Your options are as follows: you can check out the British Newspaper Library libray at Colingdale, in London. You have to call in person, they have full sets of newspapers inc. Angling Times but they are not available online. You could ask Angling Times (Peterborough) if you could look through their full set - they have been known to allow this for research. We also have a full set of Angling Times from 1953 at our office library and if you could narrow the date down a bit I would be happy to have a look for you.
Kevin Clifford