Thrybergh Reservoir

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

The best value reservoir trout fishing in this country opens on Sunday.

Prices have been upped slightly from last year. A concessionary ticket (over 60) for 50 visits for 2 fish a visit plus C&R is ?140.00. Non concessionary tickets are ?180.00 approx.

Day tickets for 4 fish are about ?14.00

The dam wall has been repaired and the water level is nearly back to normal.

I shall be on the lake Sunday morning. The fish should be close in, feeding on the newly covered ground. Let's hope I can get a nice overwintered fish.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

They have a special ticket this year for juniors, provided they are accompanied by an adult.

The problem with a lot of juniors is that they do not possess the right equipment and many of them cannot cast. But there will be tuition days this season.

What scares me stiff about a lot of juniors is that they may damage themselves and their friends because they do not wear the correct clothing, spectacles or hats.

S

Shrek

Ron,

Just take a copy of that picture that Ed's posted up in BaitBox of the guy with the lure treble in his eye. That should get the message home to them.

Adrian

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Went today to sort out my season ticket. I had a couple of hours, caught one trout and missed a couple of pulls.

No-one seemed to be catching much although a few fish were taken early this morning.

The water is very cold and there were no rises or signs of insect life. The wind, from the North East, didn't help much.

Give it a few days and the fishing should be excellent.

Tom Evans

Reaction score
What counts as junior? As i am 16
Or does this refer to how long they have been fishing?

And any information on junior tickets would be helpful such as price.

Cheers