Well the winter fishing clothes are back on

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score

From Spring to Autumn (ok we're still in Autumn till 21/12) I fish in a pair of cords, trainers and a fleece, but last Sunday I got out the waterproof boot, bib and brace to go fishing

and with the weather staying damp and /or cold it looks like they will be used from now till spring

Reaction score
And cords with a fleece too! :eek:mg:

You should have partnered them with a classic Oxford button down collar and a tweed sports jacket.

Fleece! No style what so ever.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
will you two get out of the swim - this bait is for a certain old Rotherham angler to tell us about his bespoke clothing from Charity shops:D

ps Corky -feel free to tell us your choice in winter clothing for fishing - this may draw him out of cover

Reaction score
Well I'm about to treat myself to a new Barbour Beaufort Jacket from the makers of the best waxed jackets that money can buy. I just threw away the previous one after 27 years!

I may get some mole skin pants to keep with tradition, but Ill be using regular water proof trousers (the wax ones are a bit stiff). I should really top off with some royal hunter wellies, but I'll be wearing a more modern neoprene muckboot.

Flat cap? NO. I'll draw the line at that.

barbelboi

Reaction score
As the weather is getting colder I shall be wearing a single-breasted 3 button sports coat with regular notched lapels. It features flap pockets, a regular breast pocket with a red pocket square and cuffs on the sleeve. The latter feature underlines the informal character of the outfit. The back of this wide-whale corduroy (not cord) jacket in light green has a centre vent. The jacket is combined with khaki-coloured cotton trousers which have cuffs, of course. The standout piece in this ensemble is definitely the yellow doeskin waistcoat. It is complimented by an ascot with red polka dots over yellow. The outfit is completed by a brown tweed cap, a pipe, brown turf boots and last but not least, a tall ash country cane.
Jerry

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Sounds more like River Test than Grand Union...........Probably has a spinning bow-tie as well.............

Must be a member of that Chris Yates gang who meet every year at Winchester Cathedral.....

barbelboi

Reaction score
.Probably has a spinning bow-tie as well.............

Now that’s being silly....................how could you possible integrate a revolving bow tie with an ascot.;)
I suppose I'll have to use my Preston DriFish stuff instead.
Jerry

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I shall be wearing a single-breasted 3 button sports coat with regular notched lapels. It features flap pockets, a regular breast pocket with a red pocket square and cuffs on the sleeve. The latter feature underlines the informal character of the outfit. The back of this wide-whale corduroy (not cord) jacket in light green has a centre vent. The jacket is combined with khaki-coloured cotton trousers which have cuffs, of course. The standout piece in this ensemble is definitely the yellow doeskin waistcoat. It is complimented by an ascot with red polka dots over yellow. The outfit is completed by a brown tweed cap, a pipe, brown turf boots and last but not least, a tall ash country cane.
I bet your guide dog's ashamed to walk alongside you at times. ;) ;) ;)

little oik

Reaction score
I see that you lot of scoundrels haven't discovered plus fours (moleskin of course with the obligatory Harris Tweed Jacket and deerstalker .Thank goodness that in this day and age there is still a sense of one upmanship in the air

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
:mad:Well I had high hope of this swim - nicely baited then before my intended target can come along in comes Corky and chucks a brick in to the swim and then Peter Jacob skylines it - so no bite:mad:

I'm off to look for another swim and this time I'll be pm ing a few of you so you know:D

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I noticed that Barbelboi chappie didn't deny the 'Yates at Winchester cathedral' connection..............must tell us something..

And the only 'ascot' I know is the one that horses race round.....just poor quality education I'm afraid....and mixing with the wrong type of fishermen although things may improve in the not too distant!