clip swivels

B

Badger 184

I came across these clip swivels in a job lot that I got at a carboot sale. Can anyone tell what they are used for and how to use them please, have asked in tackleshops and got the reply dunno. Cheers
Clip swivels

C

Coops

Not sure what you are describing. Do you mean snaplinks? Swivel one end and a clip the other? If so they have a number of uses but principally they are used to attach feedeers and leads so they can be changed quickly.

C

Coops

Sorry didn't see the link. Not seen these verions before but they look like float attachments. Might be wrong.

B

Badger 184

As I said before I got these clips with a pile of other swivels and rig bits, might try them as coops says and use them as float attachments.I did not specifically buy them so was not caught, got about 300 swivels and lead release clips for ?1,so havent lost out

Lark

Reaction score
If I were to hazzard a guess I would have said they were attachments for loaded wagglers. You don't require bulk shot, only your droppers. Very easy to change depth and float..... (I'll get me coat!)

B

Badger 184

Lark have only got six in three sizes two of each size, If had any more would send to you

M

MarkTheSpark

I can see the clip one one end, but is it a kind of carrot-shaped insert on the other? Can anything be tied to the carrot-shaped bit? Is the red bit rubber, and does it fit on either way round?

I may have an idea of its purpose....

Lark

Reaction score
Mark,
I think the plug on the swivel and the hole in the rubber 'carrot' are both tapered. Obvious thought is that the shape is designed to reduce resistance when drawn down through the water when the fish bites. I don't think the plug would go far in the other end of the 'carrot'.

B

Badger 184

Insert is tapered and will only fit one way as Lark says. no nothing can be tied to the tapered end that I can see. yes red bit is rubber but also have black and green. My first thought was for attaching a feeder,but dont think would stand casting any distance.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

might be a silly answer but if you put the line through red bit then insert the carrot then clip a bubble float to it you could then slide bubble where ever you want it Maybe ? self hooking bubble rig cor thats an idea

M

MarkTheSpark

I think Bob's on to something - the rubber bullet slides up the line, then you can attach whatever you clip to the swivel by just pushing it it, and thus also securing fixing it in one place on the line.

But then, if anything came loose, you'd lose the expensive bit...

Back to the drawing board

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

but if you put a swivel on the main line then attach a lower breaking strain hooklenth you wouldnt food for thought were getting there

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Ask the Monk --they might be something to do with a guitar