Mega slab! 16lb 11oz bream

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
if you mean best ever bream bait I would have to say red maggot, if you mean the bait you caught your own best bream on then mine @ 11lb7oz it was double corn on a hair and groundbait feeder .

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Nice Bream.

Also, isn't it a great compliment that TCF have to come to the best fishing website in an attempt to improve their own hit rate!

(14 posts 14 links)

:) :wh

Reaction score
Nice fish. 'kin huuuuuge!

Can I also say I am very happy to see use good of the word 'flaps' on the forum. It is a very underused word and more likely to be heard exclaimed by a young lady during the early hours of the morning on a beach in Ibiza, as in, "Careful, er...whatever your name is, I'm getting sand in mi flaps!"

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Corky becasre - Ian has given me super mod powers and i may have to moderate you*

* some of the above may not actually be true - but as Mark Twain said "I never let the truth get in the way" **

** that may also not be true

GT56

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I had a walk round my local club water choosing my peg for the following morning, with a nice Bream being the target.

The only person fishing was a Carp Angler, as I approached his left hand alarm went off and a far better Bream than I’ve ever landed came to the net. Certainly not in the same league as this fantastic fish but as big as they reputedly go in this water and had to be close to 2lb bigger than my best.

The Carp Angler’s disappointment with the Bream was only matched by my envy.

What bait are you using I asked, only to be shown a hair rigged black plastic fake snail with a luminous piece of plastic the size of a maggot.

So I’m very interested in everyone’s best bait tips as my worm, caster, maggot, corn & hemp etc, looks to be out-fished with bits of plastic!

terry m

Reaction score
Flap discussion to 0ne side, that is a clonker of a bream, shame it was snared by accident on carp kit but nonetheless a great fish

Frank Elson

Reaction score
Lovely fish - I want it...

I've gone back to large chunks of bread flake this year, with feeders of liquidised bread and had some very big bream...
Still can't stop the odd nuisance carp picking up the bait tho.