The Alternative Angler ? What Lies Beneath?

W

Wolfman Woody

"the amount of water still pushing through the weirs at the moment made them more conducive to white water rafting..."

No Kevin. Defininetly not whit water rafting, not white at all. Filthy, dirty, muchy water rafting maybe.

W

Wolfman Woody

You toting that big box of lures reminds me of my skiing holiday some years ago.

Never actually got to ski although I did have all the latest in-fshion gear along with the very best of goggles and all the pretty coloured zinc creme to protect my skin. It all looked pretty good at the apres-ski and by learning a few well-chosen terms everyone though I was the expert downhiller.

Do people think you're and expert pike angler too? :eek:)

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Is it tight fisted pikers who bite ducks feet off .Come on 4 quid lads its not worth getting a bad name for.

K

Kevin Perkins

Woody

You know me too well. I'm all show and no go, with all the gear and no idea, really I should take up carp fishing, I'd fit right in there......

And as it was a short session, I only took ONE of my lure stuffed Plano boxes, which was probably why I only caught one fish, didn't give them enough choice of baits on the day - See, I'm even beginning to sound like a carp angler......!

C

Coops

"Arriving at the lake, the first spot I had planned to fish already had an angler in attendance. I understandably felt sorry the chap, what with him not knowing who his father was..."

Loved that line, creased me up! Entertaining as usual Kev, keep it up mate.

F

Fred Bonney

Good job I re-read it.I was going to ask,what tunes you were playing...on your Piano box
I thought that bit, was very clever too,Coops.

Goosey

Reaction score
Very enjoyable yarn, next best thing to going along oneself! Keep up the good work. I'll be doing an article for FM.com late next month/early May, following a fly-fishing trip to Slovenia!