Welchy Weighs In - November: A Winter Wonderland

Will Barnard

Reaction score
You took the words right out of my mouth.
All the anglers I moan to about this blimming warm weather....and they think I don't like it cos I is Ginger.

We'll have a turn of weather all of a sudden I hope but does that mean we will not get spring until June again?

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Mmm, all well and good - but I have to say that I'd find single season angling about as interesting as single species fishing... i.e. not very!! Like Ian, i do relish those stark landscapes and conditions that winter throws at us... equally, I enjoy watching the daffodils come up, I relish the summer evening when a coat isn't required to stay out all night and those glorious colours when the leaves come down.

I would hate to spend three quarters of the year pining for different weather (which lets face it, may never come!)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I find that at the end of summer i'm fed up with carp and looking to the rivers for chub and barbel - then after as spring comes i'm dreaming of taking a few carp of the top on bread or buscuit

so I like the changing season and all that they bring

also walkign along, lure rod, few lures and a net - pike or perch maybe a chub - great way to spend a coupel of cold winter hours

chav professor

Reaction score
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!!!
pike2-12-10022.jpg

bigsean

Reaction score
who wants crucians, tench or carp at the best of times .... from a man who recently wrote an article in an angling monthly about how he mastered the technique for big crucians and tench on a particular lake!!!
that aside, i agree winter fishing does have a certain draw to it ... it is a year round thing for me though :)