I-Pod Help

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi all,
I've been using my i-pod for a while now but i-tunes is a pain in the ass, it won't get the album art until I set up an account and give them my card details.

Is there another way around this? I don't want to open an i-tunes account as I've no intention of using it for anything other than updating the i-pod.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Ahhhh, the tactical diversion..... what's Sandra's card details then :eek:)

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
cakester, your up early matey!

Wodders do you buy your tunes from I-tunes? I get mine from Ares, it's ace!

Smokedodger

Reaction score
Go to www.rateyourmusic.com then put in artist/group in the search, you'll then get a list of all the albums and singles released by them. Click on the album you want and then right click (copy) on the photo and then add it to i-Tunes by right clicking the tune for info, click on artwork and then just add artwork by right clicking (copy and pasting in otherwords)

R

Rodney Wrestt

Cakey (and Sandra),
Thank you but I was at least 9 days too late, I tried but failed :eek:)

I read the comments at the bottom of the page and apparently they've started encrypting the artwork now :eek:(

R

Rodney Wrestt

Wend,
No I just loaded it with C.D's I have I've not bought anything from I-Tunes, probably never will.

I don't know what Ares is?

R

Rodney Wrestt

Dougie,
Thank you. It works.....now for 6 months of cutting and pasting :eek:)

Smokedodger

Reaction score
Glad you sussed it Rodney,I've been cutting and pasting for ages now as I put all my CDs on i-Tunes and I download a lot of stuff from www.limewire.com, only buy from i-Tunes if I really have to, which is rare.

R

Rodney Wrestt

I've not had to download anything yet, although it takes quite a few cd's to fill 30GB.

As you say, It'll be easier when it's just 1 disk at a time but now I've got to sort the last 15 years worth :eek:)

C

Cakey

It dont get easier Rodney ...........since I loaded mine up the pc has blown up and lost itunes so now the next time I plug my ipod in it will empty or i load it up again by going through the ipod writing it all down and all the play lists ......take about a year I Reckon (about 5000 tunes)

Smokedodger

Reaction score
Happened to me as well Cakey, over 6000 songs, so I went out and bought an external/slave drive and copied (again) me i-Tunes library on to that so if the computer crashes I've still got it, just have to remember to add new stuff to it as well as on to main computer.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Cakey,
I've been puting off backing the files up to disc till I've finished puting everything on...... you've given me second thoughts.

Can't I tunes be set to manualy update the ipod to stop it wiping all your tracks?

C

Cakey

nope ....its to stop us putting our ipods together and swapping songs
supposedly there is a prog that stops it doing it but as yet Ive not found it !

R

Rodney Wrestt

Cakey,
From what I understand, it's a setting in itunes that would wipe the ipod so have you thought about uninstalling itunes, then using the ipod as a removable drive, copy the files onto the p.c. then re-install itunes and try updating the ipod that way.

Or use a computer that doesn't have itunes on rather than uninstall / re-install it?