Unhooking Mat

L

Les Clark

Due to a new club rule , i will need a unhooking mat at 56 inch long x 36 wide .
I have looked on a lot of tackle shops websites but very few give the measurements .
Any ideas ?

S

Steve King

56" x 35"??? blimey Les, that's a bit big!!! Your club water isn't Redmire or some French lake is it?!!!

L

Les Clark

Hi Steve ,no mate but they do have a lot of 30s &40s and they have found a lot of members useing small mats so they have come up with this size , a bit over the top i think but rules are rules !

E

Evan

Just buy a Lilo.....
Gives you something comfy to sleep on whilst waiting for a bite as well.
Just don't float out into the middle while dozing.....

F

Frothey

Your club water isn't Redmire

you could fit most of redmires fish on a 56cmx36cm mat these days......

W

Wolfman Woody

Cakey's suggestion isn't big enough, it works out at 49 x 29 inches. You said 56 x 36.

Are you sure it's inches you want Les? That's bigger than a bathroom mat.

T

The Monk

Just buy a Lilo....

I`ve actually used these in France they come in really handy for having a snooze, unhooking carp and servicing ruffe slappers

Dave German

Reaction score
Thats one HUGE mat, I just got one 122cm by 90cm for catting. used it last week, 17lb pike looked lost on it. sure the club rule was meant to say cms. The cynical side of me thinks someone on the committee has some continental mat to shift.

C

Cakey

sorry I should of said theres two on that link and you would need the xl which is 65x41

L

Les Clark

Yes i saw that Cakey ,still i can allways use it to sunbath on :):)

C

Cakey

I do use mine for sunbathing.........................not a lot though cause I catch and its always wet !

W

Wolfman Woody

Crumbs, you use a mat that size in our club and they'll charge you for a double ticket for taking up two swims.

L

Les Clark

I reread the newsletter and i have overshot by two inches : 4 1/2ft by 3ft =54inch x 36 inch .
But Woody , look at all the things i can do with it ,baitboat ,raft ,rig up a sail and get to the islands ,bed , allsorts :):):)