Funding for disabled access.....

I

Ian Cloke

A local fishery wants to make its fly fishing waters more accessible to disabled anglers, what the owner is proposing is building a bridge, accross a small stream, so that disabled anglers can drive their cars to the back of their pegs. The owner needs some financial help with the costs of the bridge building, and wants to know if there is any funding he can apply for? This bridge will be for disabled anglers only!! Otherwise the fishery would end up like a quagmire, if everyone were to use it.

So does anyone know of any organisation that might be able to help??

T

Terry D

Try the NFA, they have info on funding sources for various projects.

flumpy

Reaction score
i can put some suggestions at our local club about some sponcership money we have help local fisheris in the past.what fishery are talking about what area will do

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Have a look HERE Ian -- If you have a look through the site there is a section about grants ....

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Playing the devil's advocate here - but isn't this discrimination - "the bridge will be for disabled anglers only"

Don't want you to fall foul of getting any funding.

How would people react if the bridge was for OAP only to help them get to the pegs.

Like I say I'm not putting the idea down but don't know if you can state disabled people only- maybe you can?

Tally Ho

C

Clive Evans 1

It's called 'positive discrimination' m'lud, designed to re-balance life's little anomalies.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
What ho Clive

Well as long as it doesn't stop any funding then that a good thing - like I said I was playing the devil's advocate.

Tally Ho

I

Ian Cloke

Thanks for all the advice guys ;) Flumpy the fishery is at Barlow, the owner has made all the coarse lakes accessible (out of his own pocket) but now wants a bit of help to make the fly fishing lakes accessible.