Something on my pictures...

R

Rodney Wrestt

Christian,
the links only go to the photobucket homepage.

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
takes me to a main homepage which, looks like you have to sign up to view, anything picture related might be worth asking Mark 'The' Spark about he seems to be pretty up on that kind of thing.

P

pons

Not for me,Christian.
Marks on piccies are usually a foreign body on lens or sensor.
Pons

F

Fred Bonney

Looks like, Ghost in the Machine,ask the Police!
Looks to me, that you've "cleaned",that bit that somebody said the other day,be careful how you clean this bit!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Fred I've never taken it apart and cleaned it, or do you mean the lense?

E

Evan

I wouldn't worry so much about the bloke with the bonfire next door....

It's putting butter on the seat of the swing I really object to ! How badly was he injured when he came down..... gulp. No wonder they bought you a fishing rod to get you out of the playground !

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Very odd Christian.

What camera is it?

Compact, SLR, film, digital?

I've never seen anything like that myself apart from a couple of photos I took on a compact digital camera when it snowed. It was low light/dusk and the snow looked more like faint smoke patches in the air.

If it's a film camera then maybe the film could have been 'off' in some way although that usually affects the colour balance.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Its a Digi Paul, fuji finepix s3000. Not very new but I haven't used it loads so I'D be surprised if somethings broken but I suppose it's a possibilty.

F

Fred Bonney

I've got one of them Christian,no problem with mine, and I have used it a lot.
Did you take the camera out, from a warm environment, to a chilly back garden?
Could be abuild up of condensation?

C

Cakey

Christian post it to me I will have a look for you FREE and repair it free if possible !

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Paul, theres been a few others but I haven't kept them. Its only happened a couple of times.
Thank you very much Cakey, that would be much appreciated!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Fred with the 1st one in the garden with the moon, that was exactly what I did.

M

MarkTheSpark

That's something very nasty either between the lens elements or on the sensor. If it's either, it's probably beyond economic repair, Christian.
It COULD be condensation. Try putting the camera in your airing cupboard, wrapped in a polybag, with as many sachets of silica gel (comes packed with things) as possible. If the gel sachets have been hanging around a while, first bake them in the oven at 120 Celsius for an hour to drive out the water.
Might work, but I fear the worst.

captain carrott

Reaction score
leave the lense cap on and take a pic with a 30 second exposure. see what you get.