had enough

D

Dave Lindsay

well ive had enough of every were being frozen up and not a lot of fishing to be had in derbyshire. so im of on the fishing holiday of a lifetime to fish for sailfish and barras in daubi on the 25th of jan . anybody been out there before any advice will be gratefully recived . while im sitting on the beach ill be thinking of you all moaning about the cold and mr brownfield in six foot of snow in aberdeen its a hard life......

R

Rob Brownfield

Dave....good luck mate!!

I have fished for Barras for a number of years whilst living in the far east. I went against all tradition and just pretended they were big Pike. Livebaits under a float were fantastic, outfishing trolled lures by about 5 - 1. As for the sailfish...u should have said...I would have tied up some flies for them..lol!

I'll lend u a 4 piece 10 weight fly rod if u want!

As for the snow....well..up by the "special water", the snow is around 6 feet at the side of the road. It was like driving down a toboggen (spelling) run!

D

Dave Lindsay

cheers rob im ok for rods im taking half a dozen for all situs . were staying at an apartment in daubi which backs on to a river so not much sleep for me i think.

rob i may be up your way at the end of feb weather being ok for a weekend ill give you a call near the time to arrange something on the water..cheers dave