Twynersh Fishery complex chertsey

gazguildford

Reaction score
visited yesterday after pike here are my thoughts:
arrived around 7pm licences checked £15 for 2 rods (went with a friend £30 in total) 7 lakes + 1 match lake, scenery was good and water was gin clear, there was a bit of noise from the m3 but nothing major.
we started the day deadbaiting the sun was bright and not the best conditions we had with us sprats mackerel sardines herring and trout, each of us had one ledgered rod and one float ledgered.
we tried everything popped up baits attractants the works not a sniff there were a number of people on lures not having much luck well no luck to be precise.
early afternoon we took our gear back to the car and decided to give the lures a go whilst doing so we were leap frogging swims and lakes give each swim 5 mins each..... i couldnt understand why nothing was hitting home then we had a 30 min break and watched others and their progress and i was horrified to see 4 polish blokes in 1 swim hammering the water for 20 mins ok they had a jack but that was it they unhooked it and tossed it about 15 yards into the lake and then watching as it struggled to regroup it made me angry tbh!
anyway £30 4 deadbait rods then 2 lure rods 5 different dead baits and a number of different lures and the end result was a perch smaller than my hand on a size 7 mepps would you believe although i cant even count that as it must of hit the spinner side on and it was foul hooked.

conclusion nice staff lovely lakes ..... over fished i wont be returning. the lack of action as we tried most things i am going to put down to the pike being scared to feed durin the day with they way groups are aloud to use one swim between them with constant casting and poor handling of the fish.

i will be writing an email to the fishery to highlight my thoughts and let them know i feel if the complex was managed better by staff walking the banks every now and then sport would improve and it could be a great place.

anyone else been here? and what are your thoughts?

the only bonus is i have now got faith in big spinners for perch as in an earlier thread i mention a bit of a head f*** with perch and larger spinners if the will take a size 7 then a size five will be easy lol

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Sorry you had a bad day there - but that's the way it goes sometime. My pike rods haven't had a single fish in the least three trips but I can't blame the venues - the fish just were not feeding.

Twynersh is a good fishery with some excellent fish but it's not always as easy as some might have you believe. The guy who runs it knows his stuff and is usually very careful with customers and fish handling. He is one of the best fishery managers you'll ever meet in fact (if indeed it is still Paul Rogers?). If he had seen the poor handling you mention he would have been very pro-active about it indeed!
Give the fishery another try. It's a lovely place. I've fished there since the days it was a bare-banked trout fishery - well over 20 years I guess. Some lakes are easier than others and there's a great variety of willing species other than just pike. Even barbel in the stream!

gazguildford

Reaction score
as i mentioned the staff were helpful i was just shocked at the type of fishing that was taking place i may well try it again .... the way the fishing was taking place made me think its no wonder no fish show?? ill give it a go in colder weather when not so many people are about

bc1

Reaction score
Never fished tywnersh, but i have investigated and it appears to be a really good fishery, however, on a day ticket fishery there is no law that says that an angler who has payed for their ticket cannot stay in the same swim, if the 'Polish' anglers were ledgering would you be complaining so much, or is it that you just had a bad day.

I am also curious how you know they were polish do you speak polish and why everyone regardless of what the situation is whether it's fishing or getting a job blames the polish, plus why naming their origins makes a hoot of difference to anyone that will or will not fish the twynersh complex.

There are 8 lakes on the complex including the match lake is that not enough swims.

To be honest an angler is an angler, you get bad fishermen anywhere you go, it is just a shame that anglers like you have to be prejudice to a nation because shall we say of your narrow mindedness.

bc

gazguildford

Reaction score
narrow minded? Would u say i was narrow minded if i said it was 4 kids? I work with some polish people and yes im certain they were polish. If they were black africans i would have said that im not being racist i am stating a fact where as someone like you must be narrow minded for instinctively play the racial discrimination card? I had a good day caught nothing but a good day until the group in question arrived. i find it hard to believe anyone would be ok with 4 "male humanbeings" in a small swim hammering it is acceptable. And as for having 8 lakes and ample swims thats true but why should people have to put up with a rowdy group with bad fish handling skills? If you saw someone swinging a cat by its tale would u say they are a bad pet owner or do something about it?
So a narrow minded angler like me im afraid i like to state facts where as a hero like urself reads one dodgey looking post and finds it perfectly ok to judge someone how open minded of you.
here is another fact for you.....i think your post was a bit harsh and on that basis even though i dont know you i will judge you......ur a pillock and that sir is me being open minded just like you