No Licence has arrived!

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Any other anglers out there feeling a bit miffed because their direct-debit-paid-for rod licence hasn't shown up?

It's not like they didn't know they were going to have to get them done so their excuse about the printers is utter rubbish in my opinion. If this happened in commerce, you'd drop them like a stone and find a new supplier who gives a damn (i'm trying hard to control what I want to say as I don't think this belongs in the bait box!)

Thoughts anyone?

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Posh

That's the point. I thought that by giving them the money two months before it was due I would happily find it dropping through the letterbox in good time, thus saving me the hassle.

I'm peeved to say the least.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Are you really that mad about it Jim,can I suggest a few nights out it may just help.
Whats the hassle anyway if you have paid they can't prosecute you.

Reaction score
Jim,

Really can see your point - and I have suggested on a similar thread that it can only be a matter of time before you can pay less using direct debit (and not get your licence on time) or pay more if using a post office. I am having a less than satisfactory experience with a number of electronic systems of financial management so I appreciate your ire.

Macca,

I had my man drag the buxom young postmistress to my stables where she presented me with my licence in the traditional manner and was justly rewarded. I moved away from tradition in that area this year and have to say that the kangaroo hide whip was most impressive. I'm not sure M'Lord of Sheffield would fully approve but Mother is over from the Colonies and one has to show some gratitude for the gift in her presence.

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Yeah but Gav I'm ?23.50 down, where am I gonna find the beer money from?!?

Reaction score
Jim,

Find a semi-inebriate. Get your servant to grasp by the ankles. Shake vigorously. Let your manservant drop said oik and retrieve his cash, credit cards etc. Spend proceeds. Safe in the knowledge you have saved a wretch from the demon drink. Don't forget to buy your man a small lemonade and perhaps a pickled egg.

Chin Chin young fellow

Posh

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
your not 23.50 down Jim its paid for so fish away.Unless you didn't fill it in right and someone who hasn't paid got one delivered this morning .

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Posh

This is excellent advice. I have shaken the appropriate ruffian and found the necessary for a few cups of mothers ruin.

Perhaps my gin sodden state will alleviate the emptyness of my licence-less existence....

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
"Yeah but Gav I'm ?23.50 down, where am I gonna find the beer money from?!?"

Stay sober with a clear conscience ......

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Gav

I'm aware that (apparently) my details will be held on the BIG EA computer.

Mind you, when was the last time any of us got checked up on anyway? It's only happened to me twice, and that was on two consecutive bank holidays at the biggest day ticket water locally (linear oxford). In the rest of my 24 years of angling, I've never been asked! But it's just like tales of the riverbank - "that another story......"

Where's the gin?

JimmyFloyd

Reaction score
Must confess I work for a Government Department, not the EA but one of the same happy family.

From my experience I'd advise anyone wanting to get anything mandatory like a rod licence to use the traditional methods. Getting these things electronically is a lovely idea but if you had met any of the IT and management numpties that run this type of thing you'd run a mile!

In two or three years time the electronic system will no doubt be running beautifully but until then I'm still going on the annual pilgrimmage to the post office...

C

Coops

Wife was going to post office anyway, so I got my new licence 'delivered'. No problem! Who needs DD's?

Mind you I think getting a wife for this purpose only is a bit extreme and expensive in the long run, so don't try it. I just happened to have one lying about....

JimmyFloyd

Reaction score
Not just good for getting a new licence delivered either, I got mine to get me a can of beer from the fridge earlier. It just goes to show they have a myriad of uses and it is possible to get value for money...

<Mind you she'll chin me if she sees this>

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Hey up muckers I started this thread! And my licence still hasnt arrived either!
What the hell is going on?
Anyone have a telephone number for the EA which doest put you through an automated system designed to fleece you of your credit card details, to which I can complain to a real live person?

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Jim avoid Linear on bank holidays like the plague don't bother with the license ,buy bottles of gin and get lashed with cash saved jobs a good un. And they say northners are fick .I may do a series of these like Martins money tips.
Anyone else with any cash conundrums I can help with.

JimmyFloyd

Reaction score
Try the url below - if the general enquiries number doesn't help then try ringing a regional or the head office - that way you'll get someone to talk to. They may not be able to speed things up but you should be able to find out how to register a complaint and to get an idea of what's going on.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/contactus/?lang=_e

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
I got mine to get me a can of beer from the fridge earlier. It just goes to show they have a myriad of uses and it is possible to get value for money..

Mind you she'll chin me if she sees this

Hmmmm......sometimes I think that you all forget that this site has a few female members....

We don't make a lot of noise, but we're here....watching....waiting....any excuse will do!

Sleep well lads!