WENDY on FISHERMANS BLUES

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Did any one listen to Fishermans Blues today with Wendy Perry? She was very good. Old Kieth Arthur is the oracle.What he dont know about everything in life is not worth knowing. Excellent show. And Wendy has been invited to be the NUBA ladies rep which is a good move.

T

The Monk

Good old Wendy (well not so old really), what a good embassador she is for the sport.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Hi Richard, i thought it was you who rang in.

I enjoyed it today it was great fun, i was worried how i would sound, but Keith reassured me i sounded fine.

Monk less of the old haha.

Yes Alan also asked me to represent the ladies of NUBA!

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I just wonder if a girl of Wendy's tender age will be able to cope with all the fame and fortune. I do so hope that she doesn't go the way of Charlotte Church with all the the booze and clubbing or Victoria Beckham thinking that she's the real Queen of England.
Please Wendy, don't forget us poor plebs on FM.

Only kidding my love. You'll be a great ambassador for our sport. Congratulations.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
My tender age Frank (42) i don't think i'll be like any of those two you mentioned haha.

And hey Frank, FM is where it all started you lot are my family, you all taught me everything i know! I aint going anywhere without FM.

A couple of ladies who rang in on the show today asking for advice on where to start, i pointed them in this direction!

C

Cakey

your a star Wendy ......and I heard todays mention ,tell us about the tench.............

MarT

Reaction score
I listened to the show Wendy and was quite shocked when Keith said he had a guest called Wendy Perry one with him, I thought nahh it cant be FM's Wendy... but it was...well done gal...and more power to your elbow!
By the way you come over very well, although you didn't get much of a look in with KA never shutting up and all those bloody adverts.
Well done!
:)

C

Cakey

less than an hour today when you take out the ads ,the news,travel etc and then the porkmaster had 7 mins of the show to advertise his show
and then it ended two minutes early !

MarT

Reaction score
Hiya Mr Cakes,yeah it does get annoying but to tell you the truth,I have talksport on all the time I am in...sad or what?
Anyway Fishermans Blues is on for four mornings next weekend,it includes bank holiday Friday and Monday.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cakey i loved it mate yesterday! Cheers Mart and yeah Keith goes on a bit, but he knows what he's talking about, i don't haha.

Cakey i lost a BIG tench yesterday well over 6LB, and all because i hadn't joined my hook length properly!!! I was furious!

C

Cakey

Im sad too the MarT ,Talksport on in the car a lot of the time ,Im getting into Guanty too

Wendy these things are sent to try us.......

T

The Monk

A couple of ladies who rang in on the show today asking for advice on where to start, i pointed them in this direction!

I think this is a good thing, I`m all for more women i the sport and the sport gaining more of a family orientation and moving away from the male dominance, my local club used to run womens matches back in the 60s most of it was for the novelty factors but from memory quite a few of the ladies were without doubt talented anglers and it had mainly come from their menfolks interests. There is a very large number of lady anglers out there, although many women do have the added pressure of bringing up children and trying to run a home and keep a job down, which must made life very difficult for them, men on the other hand have a tendancy to take a more selfish attitude towards the sport, I know I certainly have done. I think however brining more women and especially children into the sport really is a significant factor for our survival.

of interest the first angling book proper was wrote by a women and the salmon record is still held by a women, pro capita women appear to be more successful anglers than their male counterparts, eeeerrr they also look much better too!

My only concern is that if I was out in some loney place with a load of women anglers would they make improper suggestions to me, or worst still what if they didnt!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Monk your very right on us ladies, we still have a hell of a lot of things to do at home, and still look after our husbands at the same time. Men can just go to work and go out fishing, they don't have half as much to do as us ladies.

As for bringing children into the sport i think is a major thing at the moment,they are the next generation and if we don't help now, then who knows what will happen in the sport.

Yesterday i was down at Angling Projects in Staines which is run by Les Webber, he does an awesome job of getting kids into the sport, he provides them with everything and has worked so hard for this.There was some kids there yesterday and came up to Keith and i asking loads of questions, they were loving it, and it made me realise that there should be more projects like this out there for kids.

Cakey i cook a mean dinner :)

T

The Monk

Yes very true Wendy, the youth is our future, sadly we are losing kids by the minute from the sport, so many other interests since we arrived at the computer age, in the fities and sixties lots of kids came into the sport from an early age, angling clubs had strong junior sections, fortunately we still have a few people out there who do promote and help kids into the sport, but its nothing like it was. If you can get a young child into the sport from an early point in his life chances are you will have a life long angler. You will also have someone who has an appreciation for wildlife and the countryside with a great understanding and love for nature and the environment.