Polarizing glasses

John Ives

Reaction score
Looking for some new glasses in a variety of lens colours. Really don't want to pay more than ?20 a pair. Any recommendations. I am travelling to the USA later this month - maybe I could pick up some bargains there? Again any recommendations welcome.

David Craine

Reaction score
John, wait till you get to the USA.
The last time I was there I managed to buy 3 x pairs in a Tackle shop, all polarising,plus cases, for the princley sum of ?3.00 a pair, one pair was a large lens wrap around for fly fishing, one standard pair, and one pair with plastic lenses for when I am at work.All have steel frames with those bendy backy thingy hinges, so they dont get strained, I bet you can"t beat those prices in the UK.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

When you're in the states check to see if there's a K-Mart nearby. They're always selling various top brand goods at rock-bottom prices. Two years ago I bought a pair of Raebans at their store in Marathon for $15.49. The same glasses over here were selling for ?90 at that time.

W

Wolfman Woody

USA = cheap glasses! Def!

However, keep an eye on Boots. They often have their ?30 glasses on offer as a BOGOF (buy one get one free) making them ?15 a pair and they're designer styles, metal with bendy-back hinges and all. You have to look through a load of chaff though in order to find the polarised ones.

Short of that there's some in tackle shops under the name of Eye Level. Pretty good I hear and keenly priced.

captain carrott

Reaction score
and if you are going to america don't forget to buy a wheelbarrow load of lures, you will save a fortune

Mike McHugh

Reaction score
Hey if you are coming over, why dont you just buy everything? Help our economy a bit eh? :) Just kidding, but yes we do seem to have good prices on not just sunglasses but most fishing tackle. Once I went to some mom and pop owned bait and tackle shop, and they had these name brand sea fishing rod and reel combos selling for $50, which estimates to about 30 pounds I'm pretty sure.

captain carrott

Reaction score
t shirts are also to be recommended i've got some that don't have hoes in that i bought in 1992.

Shine

Reaction score
John. How cheap. Got these for a fiver off ebay and they are good. I used this seller. Look at sellers other items if thats not your colour. I won mine for 99p plus p&p. Theres thousand on ebay so you will get a pair for a pound or two.

Cheap SUNGLASSES