rainbows on sweetcorn

Colin W

Reaction score
hi lads prob a silly question , ive heard rainbow trout take sweetcon is this true?

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

mate when there hungry the,ll take anything

Colin W

Reaction score
cheers m8 i did once have one on before on sweetcorn but i thought it was a fluke, my mates say no way so im going to try again on wednesday ....thanks and tight lines.

S

Sean Meeghan

They'll take anything whether they're hungry or not. Brownies are much the same - they are an absolute nuisance when you're chub fishing.

B

worms bread maggotts anything there greedy little gits lol

Colin W

Reaction score
thanks lads WHAT ABOUT ON A HAIR RIG ???? with mabie 1 bit of artifishal corn to pop it up??

B

try it never know with trout mate if thats what floats your boat go for it

D

Dave Burr

I was once feeding corn on a small river for barbel but instead had a group of 8 or 10 brown and rainbow trout feeding avidly.

I caught one and as I played it I threw in some more grains and watched as the rest of the fish kept feeding whilst their brother swam frantically amongst them.

I unhooked the trout (about 12oz) and slipped it back into the river, it swam straight back to the others and began feeding on corn again.

So yes, they do eat corn.

B

are you lake fishing or river fishing colin

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

How boring, to catch trout on sweetcorn.

It's a bit like trawling for haddock.

Give the fish a bit of respect and catch them on the fly!

Colin W

Reaction score
lol wish i could ron, i did my back in over 7 years ago [accident at work] and had to stop fly fishing [too painfull].

B

well my thoughts were on those lines ron as i say whatever floats your boat

Colin W

Reaction score
is this me getting black balled because im scottish ????? lol. honestly im not fit enough to fly fish anymore.

F

Fred Bonney

No blackballing on here Colin.

Some would say, that sweetcorn bears some resemblance to salmon eggs,but never having seen salmon eggs,I couldn't say!

Colin W

Reaction score
thank you fred, good to hear m8 , salmon eggs thats a no no with me as well, tight lines....colin.

S

Sean Meeghan

Once caught a big Chinook on salmon eggs (legal in the States). It was night so i decided to touch ledger - nearly took my finger off! Orange sweetcorn is the best imitation. Fish 3 or 4 on a big hook. ;?)