NUBA membership reminder

T

Terry Comerford

In my opinion to speak for the majority of anglers NUBA would need approx half of the license paying numbers to join.

NUBA would have to have at the very least more members than our largest organisation to be even taken seriously by me personally or the anglers I've spoken to.
If it does reach those minimum membership figures we would all join.

alan

Reaction score
and you cant forget K.A's veiw that anyone who questions nuba, or dosnt like the idea are prats.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Then much as I like and respect Keiths knowledge and views I'll just have to be a prat!

T

Terry D

We've got the NFA with quite a lot of members. Why do we need yet another organisation trying to split up anglers into even more disparate groups. We should all be sat round a single table so to speak, then we'd have real clout.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Having read some comments from the new Chairman of the ACA I had high hopes they would widen their current brief to represent angling as a whole, both from anglers themselves, the tackle industry, those who own and run fisheries-indeed anyone who has a vested interest in the continuation of angling as a sport.
NUBA on the other hand seems somewhat narrow in its aspirations and more politically attuned in line with a trade union.
Until it had 500,000 members I am not sure any other body would take much notice of it and 2000 is less than the membership of many single Angling Associations!

E

EC

Thats what I was thinking Pete, I wonder which MP said words to the effect....'2000 members to be taken seriously?'

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

well i joined nuba around 8 weeks ago and got my phone call to thank me and he said my card and stuff would be here in around 3 weeks but i,m still waiting .............

alan

Reaction score
Bob, the ?3 joining fee will probably struggle to cover the cost of the phone call, postage, printing, bank fees, and all the other admin costs, and as people can join for free your ?3 will have to streach further to cover other peoples costs as well.

nuba has a few good ideas, but at the current joining fee(a one off payment, not subscription) is compelety unworkable and is as far as i am concerned a waste of time and money.

signed
a pratt

P

paul williams 2

It's just not going to be taken seriously by anglers.

I can't work out if thats a shame or not?

Waveney One

Reaction score
I had serious doubts about NUBA my self and have been in many 'discussions' with KA and others about the subject for a long time. My main concerns were that as anglers we are just too lazy to join such an organisation and that it would never take off. We already have too many organisations. NUBA's expressed concerns were very initially very limited and to be frank not ones that I was too concerned about.

Then I thought to myself:-

1. If you don't like something, you can't change it from the outside, if you are in on it then then you can at least influence its decision making process.
2. If everyone thought like me, that it wouldn't take off, then it certainly wouldn't. Alan Suttie is a genuine bloke and needs the support.
3. The many organisations we have already aren't doing enough.

I then decided that the ?3 joining fee isn't going to break the bank and if it helped to move angling forward then it was certainly worth a go. I ended up as one of the first people to join.

ttp://www.learntofish.co.uk/