Opinion Piece ? Bizarre Broadside

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Prof Tench surely is a bizarre character. Capable of such serious, interesting debate but clearly with emotional problems that cause him to pollute his opinions with personal and nasty invective.

What a great debate we could have if he was capable of removing the rather large chip he has sitting so firmly on his shoulder.

See also this forum thread.

W

Wolfman Woody

Brilliant rebuttal!

And at least we know this writer to be a genuine person and not merely a psuedonym. (or many psuedonyms as the case may be)

37lb pike on a barbeque? Must read about this in the book, H L & T, for the cooking times and what stuffing/herbes were used.

Reaction score
It is interesting to read these comments, as I feel I may have encountered this individual on another web-site, where if it is one and the same person, and by no means am I claiming that to be the case as I have no evidence to back up this surmisal, however the individual concerned was using the same user-name on this other site from which he has recently been banned for posting libellous and offensive posts.

Should we perhaps know more about him?

Just a thought.

stuart clough

Reaction score
I didn't get around to reading the prof tench piece in full, but there were some interesting, and valid points in the bit I did read.
I think I will get hold of a copy of Hook Line & Thinker though, and make my own mind up about this issue.

Prof Tench

Reaction score
Watch out Tench about,

Haven't read this yet but I shall. All I'll say for now is I paid ?17.99 of my own hard earned dollar for this book. It was the most disappointing read I've ever had, and does not do what it says on the cover. Most tellingly, I put this down after the first chapter because it is clearly written from a religious perspective. This should have been made clear on the sales blurb as it de-values the book as a source of rational argument IMHO. I'm with Richard Dawkins when it comes to religion.

I did pick the book up again a year or so later and it is massively disappointing and simplistic in it's structure. I'm quite happy to rubbish the entire book if anyone is interested but I don't believe it worthy of such an in-depth review. Consign it to the vault in room 101 I reckon!

As I am now banned for life from WSF for posting inflammatory threads (surprise surprise), I am up for a good on-line intellectual kerfuffle. Any takers? Please note the word intellectual?!

Graham you must be bloody loving this and you don't deserve it.

P.s. Anyone know how you 'stalk'a mushroom please (see Alexander Schwab's book), do they run away if you don't creep up on them?

Dr Chub

Reaction score
Barmy F-P (like it!)

Prof Tench didn't post anything libellous or offensive on WSF. He drew attention to the hypocrisy of some site users calling themselves RSAs re. the Gill-netting issue.

Then drew attention to an arrogant young man, trying to pass himself off as an authority on sea fishing rigs, who was using the site to promote his rig tying business.

Unfortunatley, for the majority of WSF users, said 'rig heads' little fan club ganged up on the site operators and got the Tench banned.

I know he won't lose any sleep over that, it was clear that most of the regular posters on WSF neither did much fishing nor knew much about it either. Just liked waffling on on-line (sounds familiar). Tench's posts and threads were among the best and most read on WSF, and it's a shame that the operators are as gutless as EMAP and Sea Angler when it comes to dealing with real issues and money grabbers.

Tench had been contacted to provide casting tuition and fishing support (f.o.c) by many users on WSF via the p.m. system. This can now no longer take place owing to the short-sightedness of the operators and actions of a vociferous southern minority. Typical!

Cheers, Chub

P.s. Graham, if that's a chip on Tench's shoulder that must be a sack of spuds on yours then? I thought you didn't like childish insults and name calling?

Prof Redfin

Reaction score
Graham,

Barmy F.P. is a member of the aforementioned 'fan club' of the arrogant young 'rig head' noted by Dr Chub. I draw your attention to the fact that BFP has used your site to promote his wares and a south coast tackle dealer. I'm all for quality, critical tackle reviews on-line but these ain't that.

I recommend you keep a careful eye out for this lot Graham as judging by what goes on at WSF, you most definitely don't want them to take root here!

Regards, Redfin

p.s. Anyone seen 'Snapper', I get nervous when I don't know where he's at.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Prof Tench gets more bizarre (and seemingly proud of it) as each day passes. Now he's banned for life from the World Sea Fishing site.

I could have told him that Mike Thrussell Jr (his dad is a good pal of mine) wouldn't tolerate the kind of arrogant abuse that Tench seems to think is acceptable.

Reaction score
I have visited and read the threads on WSF and Professor Tench to my mind behaved quite abominably in firstly using insults to other members of the forum as opposed to reasoned arguments in one case and then tried to justify his actions by claiming it was only a way of getting a reaction; and then making what was almost certainly libellous statements about another individual in support of spurious allegations he was making about that individual.

For a man who is apparently on the academic staff of Hull University, he shows a remarkable lack of common sense and a remarkable lack of ability to put forward reasoned argument without descending into a world of personal attacks, libellous statements and insults.

Is it this lack of ability and obvious inferiority complex why he insists upon posting behind a pseudonym?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I think it's more simple than that. He's just a nutter who should be locked up for his own good. I mean, getting yourself banned from forums is a great way of getting all these important points (according to Tench) across isn't it?

T

Tony Rocca

Bit strong that Graham, "locked up"???

Its only the tinternet ya know, its not real life.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You haven't seen the personal emails this nutter is sending to different people. I don't say things like that lightly but if he chooses to take me to court then I have enough evidence to get him certified.

T

Tony Rocca

Oh right, I feel left out now.

Your a complete nutter Prof.....awaits nasty email with anticipation.

Bet he sent Woody a good un, mind you, I would maybe agree with it. ;o)

E

Eric Hayes

It's a shame really, I thought the Prof had the makings of another fine sycophant.

W

Wolfman Woody

No Tony, not a word from him. I feel like I'm being ignored - probably for the best though.

Had a good laugh with Graham's though. So vindictive it's gone to hilarious on a scale of one to side-splitting.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
And Jeff's not kidding, as I read it out to him it was so bitter and twisted we both burst out laughing. And there were some really brilliant, totally abusive insults about both of us (hence the reason it was read out to Jeff). It went beyond either of us feeling insulted to giving us a feeling of pure comedy. I'm hoping for another email off him soon; it made my day.

Crazy Frog

Reaction score
Ribbit,

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Why has Mr Marsden chosen to soil and pollute his own forum with personal insults/invective and childish name calling!?

How typically hypocritical of old two-face himself. Getting to you is it Graham? Count to ten next time someone calls you a 'sad old git' in an e-mail. Remember what the nurse said about your blood pressure at your age!?

Lock the lovely Nutty Professor Tench away, surely not? I don't think he's ready to join you and Woody down the funny farm just yet Graham. Now hand in the crayons there's a couple of good old boys, or nursey won't let you both play on the computer again tomorrow.

CLASS ACT

p.s. Can't wait to tell Snapper, Redfin, Tench, Bass, SSG, Sir Percy and the rest of the Bogs about G & W's latest senile rantings. Throw away the key please.

p.s. Tench has never had any connection to Hull University. Just in case you hadn't worked it out for yourself yet, Tench is not a real Prof shock, horror.

Jack Snapper

Reaction score
Dear Graham and Woody,

Why do you expect the rest of the world to conform to your level of sadness? Would it make you feel more secure if everyone behaved in the same dreary way you two do.

We're having a rioutous laugh here AT YOUR EXPENSE, because we don't take you or this site seriously and you still don't seem to get it? Why?

You are being mercilessly and relentlessly wound everyday yet you still bite, to the point where you are both clearly cracking. For ****s sake lighten up before you both give yourselves heart attacks or something?

Honestly, Woodster, if you were a fish you'd be the easiest species on the planet to catch and Graham would be the bait!

SNAPPER

Prof Redfin

Reaction score
Eric Hayes,

Are you sure it's sycophant and not psychopath that you meant in relation to the infamous P.T? Although I suspect he'd be happy with either or preferrably both to add to his 'nutty', 'bizarre', collection of 'emotional problems' he has become encumbered with since joining this site. Isn't it nice to know that Graham is clearly a nut nurse too? Definite touch of the 'poachers and gamekeepers' there I'd say!

Perhaps FM should carry a government health warning. I think I'll stick with the biftas and give this up as a dead loss.

Redfin