can you hair rig a lobworm?

Lee Burton

Reaction score
hello there ive just started to use the bait alarms and really enjoing it, is it possible to hair rig a lobworm if so how thanks alot

M

MarkTheSpark

Yes. There are a few ways, the simplest being to tie a size 16 to the hair and hook the worm on that. I have also seen bits of sharpened 30lb line superglued to the hair in a T shape which you then run the worm through with, like a clothing tag. The problem with that method is that the worm will slide up the air and coil around the hook (which they often do anyway.)

But one question: why?

T

trev matthews

instead of a standard hair rig try one of those korum maggot clip thingys, would be a damn site easier.

Lee Burton

Reaction score
its just ive been fishing this place on the feeder for years and all i fish with is lobworms they work a treat producing many double figure carp but now i got into the bait alarms would love to use them on my carp rods

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Try a section of a big dead one that way you won't get twist problems Lee.

T

trev matthews

if your catching on them without hair rigs then carry on. Just because you have an alarm doesnt mean you have to also have a hair rig. My mate fishes big open end feeders and he puts both of his rods on alarms. A hair rig is a way of presenting a bait so that the hook has a better chance of catching hold. An alarm is just a method of bite detection.

bricky

Reaction score
Lee i assume the venue is a stillwater, get this months issue of angling star and look at Lee Swords rig on page 3 but inject the worms head with air ,very carefully as if you inject yourself it can be fatal ,then place ashot on your hook length bb should be ok ,the shot should be near enough to the worm so its tail is on the lake bed and the head floats just off bottom ,hook the worm so the point of the hook is pointing at the lake bed , drop the rig in margin to test. this rig works with perch with either semi fixed weight or feeder so the aggresive carp should be a doddle. do yourself a favour and buy worm juice ,fill feeder with cotton wool and soak in juice no additional bait needed works for me.