Excellent mate, I`m looking forward to the book,

when it eventually comes out of course ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

T

The Monk

Like the old pictures mate,

hey your granny looks well

M

MarkTheSpark

I really enjoyed that, Ron. A lovely bit of history, and some nice contextual veins. If anything, I'd have liked a bit more detail. I'm looking forward to Part 2, even if I do take the mickey out of you bringing SA into most threads! At least it will provide me with some insight as to why you enjoyed your 27 years in the country.

W

Wolfman Woody

What is it about Yorkshiremen and fighting? John Ledger wrote about a fight he'd had and now here's Ron boasting about knocking a poor bloke's teeth out. Must be something to do with losing the War of the Roses.

Other than looking forward to the epilogue.

Heeheh! Not a bad write so far, well done. How many times had you met Walker, btw?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I forget exactly Jeff, but Tag Barnes, who had known Walker personally for several years, introduced me at an Angling show in London.

I met him a few times on his stretch of the Upper Ouse and we had lunch together in Melton Mowbray, together with Tag and Eric Hodson.

Mark, when I wrote my little story, I was wondering what to leave out and what to put in. This is always the case with articles of this nature.

J

john conway

Nice one Ron, your only two years older than me, but you brought memories back of big drawing offices filled with smoke and going to night school for my ONC etc. I?m looking forward to part two.

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks for that Ron,it sets us up nicely for the tales to come.
Looking forward to part 2.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

That was a great read.

Ron, what are them SA sausages called, is it boervors? Spelling? Had some at a horse show a while back and were bloody delicious.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Boerewors mate, pronounced Boorer-vors.

Translated it means: "Farmer's Sausage".

Yes good boerewors is superb and is one of the best things you can put on a braaivleis (barbie).

There are a number of butchers in London who make it, especially in the Southfields, Wimbledon area.

Reaction score
Good read Ron,

Very enjoyable.

Why are so many people looking forward to part 3? Do they not like South African Wine? Are you announcing the formation of the Northern Fig Appreciation Group in part 3.(Can I join, I love figs?)

Looking forward to parts 2 and 3.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Do we get to find out what really happened in THE hut ???

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Really enjoy a bit of nostalgia can be most refreshing.

T

The Monk

Yeah it was a bit short Ron, mind you the book should be much longer

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I enjoyed that Ron. It made me think about all my childhood fishing memories.

F

Fred Bonney

Boerewors at a horse show,Wol?
I wonder what, they were made from ? ;o)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Certainly not cheval Fred.

The early Boers, believing that they were one of the lost tribes of Israel, stuck to the "Kosher" rule on the eating of meat.

Today, Boerewors is made from beef, mutton and pork fat.