Illegal Anglers Damage Fishing For All

roger windridge

Reaction score
what about all the other people from other countries who come to live here , and they take the fish to eat !!!!!
do we hear about them being prosecuted
do we eck

it's the poor englishman getting kicked in the teeth ,by our foreign government again

F

Frothey

its not illegal to take fish to eat - its down to club rules if you want to stop them

i cant see why some of the commercials havent cottoned on and provided put and take carp ponds....

C

Coops

Here's one to think about and will probably ruffle a few feathers.

I agree immigrants taking coarse fish from fisheries to eat is a problem. Its not something we are used to in our society. But in the typical British fashion of today all I hear is the people being affected by it whinging and expecting someone else to do something about it for them. It's never their problem to deal with is it?

Why don't the anglers of the clubs where it is a problem actually get off their backsides and volunteer to to do some additional bailiffing? Why is it always someone elses problem to sort it out?

Of course we all pay our license fee and our taxes and in a perfect world the EA and the police would have the resources to jump on the problem. But the reality is they haven't and especially with the police they have bigger priorities than chasing roach snatchers.

I'm sure a properly organised regular rota of club sanctioned patrols could help deal with the problem if the members were willing to get involved instead of just whinging about someone else not doing it.

P

paul williams 2

Good points Coops.....and perhaps carry cards with polite wording eplaining in the language of those fishing how it is done over here?

A smile and explanation can carry more effect sometimes than raw aggression?

W

Wolfman Woody

Frothey - "put and take carp ponds" Brilliant. You can have your Christmas carp after all now. :eek:)

Coops - it was 1998 and the week before a match I had organised a work party to clear the swims. Two people turned up, me and Kelvin and between us we cleared about 13 of the 30+ swims before we were too knackered.

On the day of the match a mate of mine overheard "I don't know why the committee don't get down here sometime and clear these swims out for us." Like you say - always someone else.

Paul, there are leaflets available from our EA in Polish, Ukranian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Serbo-Croat and Hungarian.

But now the Chinese are catching on to it. :eek:)

C

Coops

Woody - Sounds about right and illustrates my point. I believe the average club member is selfish and ignorant, they think paying their subs is all they need to contribute.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Print this out and carry it with you to be used if you see anyone taking fish :
(I've written it in foreign so they will understand it)

~~~~~~~~YOU NO TAKEE FISHIO ~~~~~~~~

~~~~~OR YOU GO FOR SWIMMIO ~~~~~

C

Coops

PC as usual Ed. Don't know why you never made it to be Foreign Secretary really....

roger windridge

Reaction score
hi
i did'nt make my point clear enough ,
the point is these people do not have licenses , i have heard of these people being caught , but you never hear of prosecutions against these foreigners

heil hitler

F

Frothey

so its ok to eat the fish so long as they've got a licence?

P

paul williams 2

Because of your last two words...in your previous post.

roger windridge

Reaction score
hi
the point is they should not be fishing without a license full stop . but they get away with it , that is fishing with no lisence , you try fishing with no lisence

as for the fuhrer , i think we need some one strong to carry these laws out properly

and fairly , our foreign government don't want to be bothered or did'nt you know your gov is made up of these people
COME ON ARE YOU ENGLISH OR BRITISH ,

P

paul williams 2

I'm both English (possibly Welsh blood in there!) and British.........what are you?

roger windridge

Reaction score
anglo saxon
pure englander

i use german fishing tackle ie cormoran

you want good fishing line try cormoran cortest thinnest on the market , this is not a braid

i've sent it my freunds in the U S and they are bowled over by it , they are angler shop owners
i've been invited over to colorado to fish
i do not have to spend a penny