Rod Info..

B

Birds Nest

Chaps,

Thinking of buying a bloke at works 12ft Powermesh's in a 2lb test curve... Sound just the job for the close to medium range stuff I'm gonna be looking at in the summer.... Anything I should be aware of with them ? Worth 80 quid a pair ?

R

Rob Brownfield

were sold at ?125 each. Brillient rods for the money...strong, powerful, cast well, well finished etc. They take abuse well and the fittings are fuji.

For ?80 a pair u really cant go wrong.

S

Steve Parsons

Birds nest,just beware if they are the originals,not the recently replaced mk2's ,you can suffer terrible birds nests around the butt rings when casting.this was definately a problem for my brother and a mate,both had 12'x2.25t.c,the rods had 25mm butt rings and they both used 6010 aero's.I myself had the 12'x2.75t.c. these were fitted with a 30mm butt ring and never caused any problems even with big reels.the blanks are very nice though and it's well worth getting new rings fitted if birds nests are a problem.

B

Birds Nest

No prob, I'll get some advice from the rod building master holding the giant Sprat above and Whip some on if I do...

Cheers lads...BN