I was a Barbel Virgin, but now...

Skoda

Reaction score
Nice one KP, barbel fishing at its best. A snatched afternoon is about as much as I get these days too.

Andy

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Thanks Mark

I knew someone like you with a galactic knowledge of all things icthyological would help me identify what species it was.

When you have spent as much time blanking as I have it does become a puzzle to identify just what you have caught when something finally throws itself onto your hook.....!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
The bream x barbel is easily identified by the fact that it smells like a sack of manure, and fights like one, too.

The lady of the stream that I was targeting last week, on the other hand, smells of Chanel No. 5...

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Dear Kevin

Thanks so much for finally clearing this up, turns out I'm a much better barbel angler than I thought!! :)

Jim

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
The bream x barbel is easily identified by the fact that it smells like a sack of manure, and fights like one, too.

A bit harsh Mark. The one I had recently had me going for all of two minutes before it flopped up onto the surface and into the net... and it was 9lbs+.

:eek:mg:

Another excellent read Kevin.
:)

greeny1321

Reaction score
It seems from that picture that I have also caught some nice barbel in my time, in fact I was pestered by them whilst fishing for carp this summer!

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Re: I was a Barbel Virgin, until...

... I discovered Smirnoff.

Apologies, but I was thinking of an old advert and the social, mental and physical wreckage it subsequently wrought in a once glass of Light Ale or Sweet Sherry for the Ladies and a few pints of Stout or Bitter for Us Men Britain...